F1 - 2023 Season

Do we know this for a fact? With an early launch and the least development time (1st place 2022 plus additional penalty) I wouldn’t be surprised if they wouldn’t want to make the opposition any the wiser.

I reckon we would see a very bad reaction from Alonso, similar to Senna when he was trying to compete in a less than top drawer car. At their level, even if only in their own mind’s eye, they will compete to the last of their ability. Stroll has not shown himself to be a talented driver to date and I can’t really see that changing. Hence I suspect he is in for an extremely uncomfortable year at the wheel, crashing into Alonso being his best chance of getting the better of him! Provided of course that Alonso remains interested/ motivated.

Peter

1 Like

I am Canadian, and even I think Stroll is a joke of a driver! He is only in Formula 1 because his rich daddy bought him a team.
I expect Alonso to crush him performance wise.

Clearly this is true but he never seems to enjoy it does he.

I doubt Alonso would take it well but, as you say, I doubt he will be strongly challenged. Unless they give Lance all the upgrades.

1 Like

Lawrence Stroll does look like an unhappy sour puss. All that money, he cannot even smile…

Rubber mightn’t be an issue by 2032 apparently.

News reports yesterday …
Ford have have announced a “long-term strategic technical partnership” with Red Bull Powertrains.
Its planned that the power unit will be used with both Red Bull Racing & AlphaTauri.

The engine will be ready for the new F1 engine regs coming in 2026 which are focused on more efficient, less fuel, carbon net zero with increased electrical power and 100% sustainable fuels.

Ben’s Binned!

Or at least been locked in the cupboard.

1 Like

Nick the greek is probably the most able of the FIA team; a long career in top teams, Benneton, Ferrari & McLaren, also his own consultancy cmpy.

What’s the point of these ‘new car’ reveals now? All so far have been mock-up cars in a fresh paint job.

I assume the costs of these ‘launches’ come out of their capped budget, so why bother?

Nothing to see here.

2 Likes

Totally agree. They are frightened of showing their design so they are not the real thing. That being the case why bother with expensive launches. By all means show renders to keep the sponsors happy but other than that it is a farce and should be scrapped

1 Like

But you guys are talking about it - job done…

2 Likes

Mercedes revealed back to black presumably for weight saving. Time will tell whether they are competitive

Ferrari seem confident. As always would be great to see 6 drivers at the front this year

If only Now TV allowed 4k and Atmos :grinning:

1 Like

And still a no-pod design, which is a little surprising. Assuming this (and the Ferrari) is a real car.

The new F1 rule banning “free speech” without prior consent, has been clarified.
Drivers are now free to say what they want but not during pre and post-race events and on the track.
Drivers “can express their views on any political, religious or personal matter before, during and after the race, in their own space, and outside the scope of the international competition”.

Nah, not good enough. That’s the platform they have to get their messages across and every journo is bound to ask them stuff about this and the ground they choose to stand on at pre and post race Q&A’s.

Won’t happen.

Shambles.

1 Like

All events are either pre or post a race.

I guess this is aimed at stopping Lewis taking the knee when the national anthems are playing.

I’m pretty sure LH and a few others will just ignore the rules. Anyway who’s FIA worried about offending, a few middle eastern monarchs and dictators.

1 Like

…who pay for lots of the races. There are probably a third of the races in countries where ‘Western’ levels of free speech a frowned upon

Pre season testing on Sky this Thu (23rd Feb), Friday and Saturday

2 Likes