Fabric NATO style watch straps

I’ve tried a good few of these but have not been able to find a good enough alternative to the Tudor fabric single pass strap. I have a couple of them that I use (not just on my Tudor watch) but wonder if people have found other such straps that are as good? Or even better?

There are lots online (I’ve just looked). If you want to see the straps, your local Timpsons or Watches of Switzerland, or any decent independent jewellers shop, should have a pretty good selection.

2 Likes

I’ve been most pleased with the NATO 's from watch gecko. But I don’t have a “brand” NATO to compare against.

1 Like

I use a pertexo single pass with my Tudor on occation.
I got mine from Lunarwatchstraps.
RealNato issue straps come from.
Cabot Watch Company
CWC NATO WATCH STRAP CURRENT ISSUE

1 Like

You could try the Omega range of NATO straps, although I can’t speak for the fabric versions, I have 2 leather ones for my Seamaster 120 and they are lovely.

I had an 18mm Black fabric NATO with the fabric keepers, made by Jean Rousseau for my Omega 30 T2 SC RAF watch, as Omega didn’t offer any 18mm NATO straps at the time - they do now. I believe Jean Rousseau manufactures the Omega-branded versions.

1 Like

I’ve had a couple from the Omega NATO straps, one was the leather, which indeed was super soft and beautifully made, their fabric ones are ok but may be nothing too special for the price? However, I cannot seem to get along with the versions with extra loops and lengths all around my wrist and use the single pass ones. Will look into the Jean Rousseau models, have not heard of them.

There is, of course, a huge choice and most look great online (especially in terms of choice of colours). I’ve bought various, including some mentioned above but somehow they are never as good in the flesh and with a good watch … either too glossy/nylony cheap looking, some are too soft to hold a slightly more solid watch well, or can be too thick and stiff/harsh on the skin etc. I usually end up using them for a few days or max weeks and annoyingly, they seem to all go in that drawer, which is a waste and a pity really. Trouble is, when I tried the Tudor ones, I realised how good they are but unfortunately these straps are 10-15 times more expensive than most, hence wondering if people have found something similar and not so expensive? Obviously not a big deal!!:slight_smile:, but I like a good fabric strap, they are comfortable and bring a fresh alternative look to your daily watch or can be useful in hot or wet weather, sports etc.

I tried to look yours up, thanks - finding this which looks very similar? May be worth trying, their cappuccino and gold look good too?

2 Likes

Nice one and it’s got the sheild buckle too.
These are very neat and you don’t have miles of extra bulk to tuck in.
Glad to help. :+1:t2:

1 Like

To my eyes the metal bracelet one looks better to my eyes than the fabric strap…

1 Like

Thank you very much for that opinion and I was hoping someone might show a preference.
It’s on its bracelet just now.
Thank you. :+1:t2:

Have a look at Zero Alpha, all are ex-mil and they’re doing some cracking straps - I have about four different ones: Our Story | Zulu Alpha Straps

1 Like

Nice, thanks, especially the Otan single pass one looks very cool indeed! For some reason the different colour options do not seem to be working well when I tried just now (only 2 appear to be showing), but will definitely check them out again, for sure! How are they in thickness and flexibility?

1 Like

@garcon no problem, they’re great straps, I really like their limited release ones. The websites not great but Daz is helpful and always responds to emails. No issues re their flexibility, initially stiff but wear well and don’t come loose - have a gander at their online video How to wear a Zulu Alpha Strap - YouTube - their IG has lots of Gucci photos from all corners of the globe :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great, will contact them, looks like they are taking orders for January now

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.