Facemask recommendations

6 Likes

3 Likes

And remember, the most important keep regularly washing your hands.
Masks protect others from you, mostly. Washing your hands protects you, as Mrs SinS, an NHS nurse keeps reminding me.

2 Likes

Absolutely, as Mrs Bruss ex nurse and infection control person keeps nagging, sorry, caringly reminding me.

1 Like

How well fitting a mask is, so how effective and how comfortable (and so how willing someone is to wear it) depends on the shape of the user’s face. In particular those with smaller noses have a much greater choice of mask than those of us with large hooters.

1 Like

I’m not sure if my hooter will fit in this one. Perhaps they allow home trials? :rofl:

I was looking at purchasing this one but at a near eye watering £47 - no thank you. :flushed:

PPE 1944 style…

2 Likes

Probably best not to do this… WW2 gas masks could well contain asbestos in the filter.

https://www.nationalasbestos.co.uk/news/wwii-gas-masks-a-life-saver-or-a-potential-killer/

1 Like

I appreciate the warning Stephen.

Too late

2 Likes

I remember wearing one I bought in a junk shop for ‘fancy dress’ in the early 80s. But I think asbestos was mostly ‘safe’ then… Or the filter contents weren’t known about/cared about at the time.

Nice, but I like the ones with built in headphones best.

4 Likes

Delete Delete !!

2 Likes

I totally agree Cris

All that is happening is that by wearing masks unrated and not P3 rated is that people are incubating virus to full strength and then releasing into atmosphere No wonder there is a spike

Remember these scientist are the same that advised that Diesel fuel was the way forward and a lot of us changed our cars believing Government advise. Either ware P3 rated or no mask at all if you value your health and others

Does anybody know of a reliable source for ffp3 masks ?

I’m down to my last two.

In the early days of lockdown when panic buying was at its peak, I noticed that it was still possible to buy masks, which seems to be an indication that people were not using them when they were most needed. Now they are widely recommended or compulsory. Another case of shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.