Fake or genuine SNAIC 4

I purchased a Naim Audio SNAIC 4 from eBay yesterday. It was described as new, and there were 4 available. The price was a bit too good to be true tbh- but anyway I went for it.
Arrived today- in this packaging

The SNAIC looks pretty genuine-

But I’m not sure. I compared it with SNAIC 5 that came with other Naim kit- and seems similar weight etc

My suspicions are raised by- price, packaging, the fact that there were 4 new ones for sale, the “feel” of the din plugs and the screw that looks a bit rubbish, and finally because in the other sellers items there was a SNAIC 5 described as genuine Naim, whereas this was just Naim audio.

I have checked the forum and see someone else had a similar anxiety previously. I have also read Richards excellent piece on Naim interconnects.

Any help would be much appreciated in solving this mystery- if it is indeed a mystery!

1 Like

That’s genuine. Its just a relatively ‘new’ one, with different screws in the PREH DIN plugs.

I have identical DIN’s to those, on a Naim ‘Lavender’ DIN-DIN interconnect :

1 Like

just ask yourself
would it be profitable to build with care such a ‘cheap’ cable?

1 Like

Not sure what you mean here Antonio!
For completeness of information I paid only £40- too good to be true?!?!?

I just meant would it be worth the hassle building a fake whereas a genuine sells for a relatively cheap sum ?

1 Like

That’s a fantastic price for a new genuine SNAIC - the guy must be selling himself short.

1 Like

Well exactly- too good to be true? Given that RRP for a new one is nearly £200. Seems very suspicious to me….

It does look legit though…

2 Likes

Bought from a snaic charmer? :wink:

3 Likes

Indeed- laced with snaic oil ….

2 Likes

Nope. Its looks absolutely right - the NA-22 ident is the person that made it… :snake:

I bought a couple of Black SNAIC’s back in 2015 - on The Bay - for £38 and £54 - so you did well…!!!

2 Likes

It is well possible to get a snaic or lavender for around euro 50.

2 Likes

Looks like you have a good deal.
Btw, I’ve had some painful lessons from eBay, even from Audiogon from good-rated members, so I never and never buy anything from them. So now I just go to my dealer for whatever I need, even I pay more, and maybe a long wait in some cases, but I know these stuffs are from good hands.

1 Like