Fascinating Maps and diagrams

Most popular girls names 2024

Yes, like sunlight…(not). :nerd_face:

I used to have the Chamonix one until somebody put their finger through the top of Mont Blanc! :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :smiling_face_with_tear:

1 Like

I’ve had a family request for the source of this map and data! :slightly_smiling_face: Have you got a link?

Very American.

DG…

A lot of my usual foods

Liver and onions, yum yum.

DG…

9 Likes

4 Likes

4 Likes

What happened to Eddington?

1 Like

Good question. Perhaps location not known definitely? Although Wikipedia sets it at 878 at Ethandun / Edington in Wiltshire, as well as mentioning the battles of Ashdown and Chippenham in the same year.

1 Like

I think Ethandun is highly likely to be Edington, although my understanding is that there is no proof of exact site of battle. Historians seem to be convinced that the site is there, possibly in the land underneath Bratton Camp hill fort and the white horse.

1 Like

This is one of my very favourite books.

Philosophy (and humour) expressed as maps (and with some excellent text).

I’m sure some people would not ‘get it’ though, but I can lose myself for an hour every time. Sounds as though some of you would also!

I fear it may be out of print, though.

The Atlas of Experience,
Louise van Swaaij & Jean Klare
(Translated into English by David Winner)

1 Like

Within the orbit cycle of Pluto the USA has experienced all of its modern history.

7 Likes

I’ve not been but this is a back / bike packing trail that might entice me to visit.

5 Likes

Back to historical stuff.

5 Likes

I rather like this map. Because I am puerile.

But they are all 100% true.

17 Likes

That’s a tight meander.

6 Likes

I can’t believe they missed Wetwang!

4 Likes

And Lickey End

2 Likes