Favourite Christmas Albums

Thoroughly enjoying Diana Krall’s Christmas album whilst I prepare lunch.

This is getting me into the festive spirit - at last!! What are your favourite Christmas albums?

9 Likes

This years Christmas offering from Kate Rusby, which is getting a lot of spin time this week. Mrs G is singing along beautifully to it. Harmony presides!

4 Likes

My two favourite bluesy Christmas albums, been played quite a bit this year.

5 Likes

Played that last night.

Kacey morning:

5 Likes

Would love to hear recommendations for a good choral album of popular traditional festive hymns. Even better if anyone knows of a good Welsh SATB choir doing traditional hymns in Welsh.

Hope you don’t mind, I’ve started a separate thread on Christmas Carols rather than Christmas albums.

I haven’t heard it, but want to…surely Sinatra’s Christmas album must be great.

I have Jack Jones’ - I like it!

We have Gregorian Chant first thing on Christmas Day - my wife loves it. As do I - but I do love a swing Christmas…

Oops. Just realised this is about carols!

Benjamin B, in that case :slight_smile:

Or, it’s not about carols (got my threads confused)…sorry, into my first cocktails of the Christmas season!

1 Like

Absolutely superb along with the Tracey Thorn.

3 Likes

Tracey Thorn’s Tinsel and Lights

3 Likes

…but this is the best

6 Likes

This Is Christmas - Emmy the Great

2 Likes

Not really a reply to your request but a couple of favourite Xmas albums moving in that direction:

OK the music is primarily Scottish and Irish (and Manx!) rather than Welsh, but it makes a change from the usual Christmas fare. Well performed, with lively accompaniments, too.

The album by Anonymous 4 is even more unusual and does contain a carol sung in Welsh and even one in Cornish! Both are beautiful. But rather than a traditional choir, Anonymous 4 are four sopranos. If that sounds a bit much, be assured they sing and blend their voices beautifully and the performances are enhanced by Andrew Lawrence King’s irish harp. It’s one of my favourite Christmas albums.

41SVZKP4RYL.AC

Roger

2 Likes

Christmas Cocktails is a long time favourite. Quirky, fun, jazzy and very little Saccharine…!

2 Likes

This one bought in 1996 has sound-tracked our 3 children’s (and consequently our) Christmases.

Some duds (although the kids don’t think so, kids! my 22-25 year old children don’t think so) but there is not much I associate with Christmas missing.

.sjb

2 Likes

This 2 x LP set is traditionally all jolly good for the season! :christmas_tree: :smile:

A
Bobby Helms - Jingle Bell Rock
Brenda Lee - Rockin’ Around The Christmas Tree
Paul Anka - I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus
Connie Francis - Winter Wonderland
Billy Fury - My Christmas Prayer
Bobby Vee - Blue Christmas

B
Dean Martin - Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!
Frank Sinatra - Christmas Waltz
Ella Fitzgerald - Baby, It’s Cold Outside
Pat Boone - Santa Claus Is Comin’ To Town
Nat ‘King’ Cole Trio - The Christmas Song (Merry Christmas To You)
Judy Garland - Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas
Bing Crosby - White Christmas

C
Bobby Day - Rockin’ Robin
Chuck Berry - Run Rudolph Run
Connie Francis - I’m Gonna Be Warm This Winter
Brenda Lee - I’m Gonna Lasso Santa Claus
Pat Boone - Here Comes Santa Claus
Bobby Vee - I’ll Be Home For Christmas

D
Ella Fitzgerald - Sleigh Ride
Nat ‘King’ Cole - Deck The Hall
Louis Armstrong - Zat You Santa Claus
Dean Martin - Rudolph The Red
Frank Sinatra - Jingle Bells
Bing Crosby And The Andrews Sisters - Mele Kalikimaka
Jimmy Durante - Frosty The Snowman

<>

2 Likes

I have that CD somewhere, it’s very good. Thought I had an old MP3 rip on the NAS but not there.

1 Like

1 Like

Aha - the genius of Sir Max. One of his finest efforts I think. He recorded some absolute stormers - I particularly like his Frank Zappa covers album SingalongaStinkfoot. Of course on the legendary K-Tel label - a record label known for its innovation and sophistication - rather like Max himself.

2 Likes