Feature Request: Ability to lower Naim device lighting to Off

It’s amazing how much light can be produced from so little power. A common 5mm LED draws something like 20mA at 2v so we are talking 40mW of electricity per LED. If a Naim badge uses three LEDs, over a year power use would be about 1kWhr of electricity per badge :slight_smile:

Or nail varnish?

If you’re a “Goth” that would work well.

I’ve been round out!

I totally agree! I am using using my atom in the room where I sleep as well and it is sitting under the TV there.

In addition to the request of turning off all the lights completely, I would even love to switch off the light of the On/Off button when the device is in standby.

And a more customisable display-off function would be great as well: For example that you could set it to “off” for specific inputs like HDMI, optical, and analog and set it automatically to “on” for inputs where the content of the display is changing while using or providing more information than only the input name like streaming services and webradio, etc.

1 Like

That’s advanced!

(But good ideas…)

I suggest these instead. Then music can start immediately.

Do they have high quality planar magnetic headphones embedded within.

They are usually so light and non obtrusive that would work.

I withdrawal my request.

Joking ofc. Just let us turn those lights off. See how happy it will make people?

Good to know, but you’re mistaking me for a non-lazy person. When I’m suddenly too tired to continue late night tele, or late night reading with background music, getting out of bed to perform this interesting routine is nearly akin to climbing Everest.

1 Like

I have removed all CB bulbs and anything that shines I cover over with adhesive velvet if too bright, I am okay with just the AV2 shining a little at the back of the room, the Panasonic 9000 can be set to have no display,

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.