Finally pulled the trigger on the ND555

Cheers Mike, I’ve taken advantage of lock down prices and just scratched the 500 itch, hope to get it this week … will send you my thoughts on it all

1 Like

552/500dr into fact 12’s go well together i can certainly tell you that

1 Like

Don’t get crazy now on your next upgrade. Just sit back and enjoy.

1 Like

I do love the use of the word ‘invest’ when it comes to hifi, when can you expect a return on your outlay?

lol.

1 Like

Every time you sit down and listen, returns don’t have to be monetary :slight_smile:

8 Likes

We’re you able to get the 500? How much difference with the Fact 12s? Just curious. Mike

Hi Mike, yes I did and very different to the 300DR, more than expected. Initially I thought I’d made a mistake, massive rise in bass impact and depth to the point it was a bit too much and also a loss of the smoothness of the 300DR. However, I left it on for a week and listened to it just lightly and over that time it transformed. The bass impact is still there but the harshness mellowed and the whole musicality grew. Very happy now, though I do intend trying the bass cut switch on the Fact12’s as I listen pretty loudly and the dam thing shakes the house. Phil

Thanks for the update Phil. The 500, like all Naim gear, will take a couple of months to settle in. Like you, I enjoy the balanced presentation of the 300 with the Fact 12s. I suggest you experiment with repositioning your speakers. Mine needed adjusting when I switched to SL cables. Then you can adjust with the Fact’s switches. Please give us an update in June. Mike

Hi Phil, I hope you’re enjoying your system. Almost a month has passed, so the 500 should have stabilized. I’m interested in your journey. Looking back on your move from the “smooth” sound of the 300 to the powerful bass of the 500. What changes were required? How is the sound now, especially the bass? Any advice as I consider a 500, especially as I’m very happy with my easy-to-listen-to 300?
Thanks, Mike

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.