Fitting my new Gaia’s

I know loads of you have done this, so what is the recommended method of fitting Gaia’s to “Bl@@dy Heavy” speakers?
I know that lying them down would be easiest, but how will they react to that🤔
Any advice will be welcomed, sarcastic comments also expected😂

Turned mine upside down. Cannot imagine any harm will come. They are shipped lying down afer all.

1 Like

They don’t come much heavier or taller than my Neat MF 9s, and I found it easiest to tip them upside down onto their tops to fit the Gaias.

Good luck!

1 Like

66kg…man up QS :grin:

2 Likes

I fitted them onto my SBLs, which don’t qualify as bloody heavy, but I didn’t want to lie them down for obvious reasons. I maneuvered then on piles of books, so that the corners were easily available, removed the spikes and fitted the Gaias.

1 Like

I upended my Kudos X2’s but have so far resisted the temptation of fitting them to my 808’s as they are slightly heavier.
I would solicit the assistance of a physically capable friend.

1 Like

When I installed the Gaias on my former Totem tribe Towers, I rested the speaker on the couch with the bottom of the speaker hanging over the armrest facing upwards. This way I could easily access the bottom of the speaker, and the rest of the speaker rested gently on the soft sofa. It goes without saying the drivers were facing upwards.

I also wore white cotton gloves to not get any finger marks on the piano black finish.

Good luck and regards

2 Likes

:rofl: :rofl:

Thank you all for the reassurance that a change to “Azimuth and Rake” (REAL science terms :joy:) should do no harm.
I will probably lay them across the arms of one of my chairs for maximum support, ease of angle to fit and minimum lift requirement.
Mildly concerned, as this will be a solo effort due to Mrs QS being an absolute liability, with a total inability to follow instructions or tell her left from her right :rofl:

2 Likes

If you’re not back here within 2 hours we will send help…or flowers…whichever is appropriate

6 Likes

Keep your powder dry @Kipstryker, this is a job for daylight. Tomorrow will be soon enough :grin:

:saluting_face:

1 Like

Turn my speakers upside down too, can be a bit fiddling and mine kept coming loose over time….
Gary

Worth the investment? Let’s say 800 euro on Gaia for 5K speakers in my case?

1 Like

Mine too. They need a tweak every few weeks. Not unusual I believe.

A big improvement on B&W 804 D3s. Needed tightening after a month or so, then nothing. Lying on their sides worked fine, but you need a friend.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.