Fix for broken Naim CDX - laser unit I think

It was a labour of love and I did enjoy looking at all the CDs again - so many memories of where I bought them, playing them for the first time and then getting in the most part a successful one off rip.

The sad part was filling up box after box of CDs and just about managing to get them up the loft ladder and then wondering if the ceiling would cave in. Don’t tell anyone but moved house a couple of years ago and decided it was time to sell the lot.

Must remember to delete the rips to be legal but I do have a habit of forgetting things nowadays :wink:

1 Like

I had a CDX2 mechanism replaced a couple of months ago, by Focal. Doesn’t the CDX use the same mechanism? If that is the case, I would contact Naim as soon as possible.

Thats the point no the CDX uses a different mech I think that Naim no longer stock. Thats why it seems to me that the only option for me is a DIY fix and apologies I had not understood this was against the rules - surely though when there is no official repair possible its ok to discuss this?

Ok, I hadn’t realised they were different.

No electronic DIY discussion on here - please see the forum rules.

You are obviously free to seek a solution outside of the Naim factory and partners, and I’m sure there are a number of enthusiasts and person-in-a shed operations out there who will be trying to find ways to keep older CD players of all kinds going, usually through scavenging from lower end machines in order to keep the more interesting ones spinning, but that falls outside of forum rules here.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.