Flapjack and cappuccino!

So many proper MTB routes without touching the roads up on that moor (and above Grassington too).

Another regular run out for me is Gargrave to Hetton then Rylstone, up over Embsay Moor to Bolton Abbey and back via Halton East and Embsay then over Sharphaw to Flasby and back to home.

We are lucky.

Bruce

1 Like

Very nice route…do you ever stop at Billy Bob’s to refuel… :fried_egg:

Bizarrely no, I have never been!

Seems to employ vast numbers of my friend’s kids though.

Bruce

1 Like

Worth a stop, however not in school holidays !

1 Like

Simon Warren has added another 100 climbs to his lists. Did 3 around Skipton today. Brutal south-westerly made Bardon Moor and Sidegate Lane really tough :flushed::flushed:

2 Likes

Went to recce Bamford Clough today. Definitely beyond my capacity to climb - it’s just too steep for too long. I’m thinking I’d need 400w for 5 minutes or more
Anyone here had a go?

Drove to Chapel-en-le-Frith yesterday and rode a very scenic but hilly route over 6 Warrens. 7000ft in 57 miles! :flushed::flushed:

2 Likes

Langdale End and Dalby forest drive today. 96 miles in clear day :grinning::grinning:

1 Like

Almost 70 miles today. Definitely getting fitter as summer approaches-ftp creeping upwards. Just need to lose 1/2 a stone :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Looks like I’m the only one driving this thread :disappointed_relieved:

Anyway, managed 74 miles with a few pals today. Rather warm for hammering along but that didn’t seem to inhibit the more eager amongst us. Spent most of the ride hanging on…

1 Like

I’ll contribute. Did a nice 90 km small group ride last Saturday in sunny weather in the northern Sealand area (north of Copenhagen). Unfortunately my Trek Emonda was dropped against a signpost (while I was changing the inner tube on the front wheel), resulting in a crack in the top tube! Bike is now in the carbon repair shop for the next three weeks :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Ouch!!.:flushed::flushed:

Hopefully the repair will be painless and cosmetically subtle :crossed_fingers:t2::crossed_fingers:t2:

Thanks. I’ve been assured they can match the color (Trek White) without problems and that the repair will be seamless. Fingers crossed :crossed_fingers:

:crossed_fingers:t2::+1:t2:

I am out and about; long and very dusty MTB ride yesterday. Trails completely deserted despite such great weather.

Nice kayak around Coniston Monday too. Good cappuccino and fry up at the Bluebird Cafe if you know it!

Bruce

PSAN. That sounds tricky. Warranty issue? Just an unlucky accident, perhaps hitting one of the thinnest parts of the frame?

ive started my daily commutes again over the last month and the odd weekend jaunt… but hampered by a covid stone in weight but i guess plugging on is the only way!

Yep, the top tube is quite thin at the very spot where it hit. Not a warranty issue, but potentially an insurance one. My own insurance does not cover, but we’re checking whether my friend’s liability insurance does (he’s the one who held the bike and then set it down on the fork before it eventually fell over). The cost is not really an issue, it’s more that it happened and the concerns over whether it will be properly fixed - structurally and cosmetically - though I’ve been assured it will. A couple of weeks to go and I’ll know!

Usually that sort of repair makes the tube stronger than before the damage occurred IIRC - but sl heavier…

Out last weekend getting around Dartmoor:

These guys were out there doing their stuff again. Pretty impressive.

Bikes collected yesterday morning - we are having them ‘vanned’ across to Italy to avoid potential airport chaos. Hopefully reunited on Wednesday in San Cassiano ahead of this year’s Maratona dles Dolomites. Totally unprepared for it but the scenery over there is breathtaking.

Peter