Flapjack and cappuccino!

Couldn’t face freezing myself and having to wash road-salt from the bike afterwards so spent 90 mins on Zwift Saturday and Sunday…

Rain rain rain.

Yes, I sloshed around on my MTB yesterday. Rather enjoyable although it took a while for my toes to thaw out

Bruce

1 Like

Started 2023 with almost 50 miles in the sun. Definitely need to get some fitness back though :thinking:

1 Like

First ride of 2023. A 57km loop to Thixendale on my winter / cyclo-cross bike. A good workout with the CX gearing. But sadly no cake at the village hall (as it wasn’t open today :pensive:). Breezy but nice to see the sun.

2 Likes

Fridaythorpe cafe??

Didn’t consider it, as I was fairly set on my route. Anyway, made up for it with some well matured fruit cake and Wensleydale cheese when I got home. :yum:

2 Likes

Managed almost 50 miles today. Still 1/2 a stone overweight and FTP 25w off where it ought to be :hot_face:

3 Likes

I’d ridden through this to avoid a 2 hour detour…. took me 30 minutes to tip the water from my shoes and dig the weeds from my chain gear….

4 Likes

Great work the both of you. I’m off to chamonix now for some skiing (or hiking with long lunches :sunglasses: )

2 Likes

Think I’d have carried the bike and walked through it. 2 hrs is a long detour! :flushed:

1 Like

Up here - north of the wall - its been rubbish the last month. Lots of snow, and than rain, then snow again. We got 10" snow yesterday. Will be even more tomorrow. Then it will be lots of rain. Impossible to ride on our local trails, even with studded tires.

Perhaps we go south to Sweden or Denmark to ride trails without snow.

Where I live in The Cotswolds, if it ain’t the rain it’s the wind and it’s very hit and miss if I can get out on anything other than 4 wheels so during the colder, wetter months I go to Spin classes at my local Sports centre to keep my fitness levels up. Some folks can’t stand it but it’s a mighty fine cardio workout as well as maintaining muscle integrity. Music’s a bit questionable and it’s on an amplifier - no Naim there!

I don’t mind the rain but ice before Xmas and now high winds keeping me off the roads, and mostly off the trails too. Turbo sessions when desperate. I don’t get a lot out of those but at least better than nothing.

Bruce

Blustery and the odd shower but managed 60 miles. Olivers Pantry in Ripon the usual decent cafe stop :grinning:

2 Likes

(belated) Happy New Year, Enjoy 2023.

2022 the cycling read out. Managed to venture slightly further afield than in recent years :slight_smile:

My ‘new’ wheels and Bob Jackson
![image0|666x500](upload://6

o5sQVoXfBgporLlLrIt95L1RcQ.jpeg)

At the risk of kicking a cycle maker when they are down and out my experience of Bob Jackson has was very poor. I had my bike resprayed by them and a rusting top bar replaced a few years back. The bike had to be reworked twice for paint work issues and this was never satisfactorily resolved in my view. I gave up when the owner tried to blame me for the issues and said ‘we are not Rolls Royce’ you know. I took the view that the reworkings could be endless.
The early signs were not good as my friend had delivered the bike to them and said they were very rude when he dropped the bike off but he dismissed this as ‘Yorkshire’ (he is Yorkshire born and bred).
However the real biggie is that the bike developed a wobble or scuttle about six months after it’s return. This increased in severity and I became increasingly less confident when cycling on it. Several visits to bike shops and look overs by friends and finally a crack was found in the seat tube.
The bike has now been restored to full working order (and with a great paint job) by Sven Cycles and the top tube was found to be both poorly fitted and insufficient in length. Hence the crack and the instability.
I am interested in that Bob Jackson were recommended to me and a number of people have lamented their demise but clearly I am not one of them. I cannot believe that I was unlucky given the attitude, fundamentally poor workmanship, and the delivery of an unsafe bike. In my view, they are not a loss to the bike builders world.

Pleased it’s sorted now, and that looks a lovely bike Boris.

1 Like

Thanks - chose a high visibility colour (‘GPO’ yellow) to be seen. Bit of a departure for me as I usually prefer less blingy.

1 Like

81 miles on Saturday - wind and hail storms made it challenging - was very glad to get home. Just need to keep getting out there and progressing as planning LeJoG in June…

2 Likes