Flashing Red LED

Hi,

i went to set up my Naim Muso tonight , but after flashing purple LED to connect , it just started flashing ref LED and swicthed off , wont power back on ,

logged a call with support but not sure if i can try anything…

thanks
paddi

According to the Mu-So support FAQ on the website a red LED indicates a system fault. Have you tried another reset?

well done that and manged to get it back up and running again , but cant get it to connect to wifi at all

have been able to browser on suing the internal Musu wifi network , change the details , gave it an ip , can ping the ip ok, but still a flashing purple light and not able to see it in the app to configure .

Paddi

If you’re using an iPad or iPhone you could try connecting via the USB port and trying to get it configured that way.

trying to use my Andriod phone on the app …

i was able to get it up and running using a network cable , just to test and see … but still nothing on WIFI at all , desabled firewall on the router , still nothing …
weird one as i was able to set up my musoQB no problem before it …

well think i have it fixed now , i swapped to my wife’s phone to check and see if it would connect , it asked about accessing location settings (permissions), i accepted and bingo , all ok and up and running…
so must need the access to location setitng on phone… soemthing i restrict in apps and browsers… just weird it let me setup the QB earlier…
well thanks for the advice anyway…
paddi

This accessing location settings isn’t actually about GPS at all. It’s something to do with accessing info about WiFi networks (I forget the exact details). We discussed this with the Naim team in the beta group and I thought the messaging had been sorted out, but that was with the IOS app, so maybe the wording in the Android app setup still need some tweaks.

Anyway, as you discovered, you do need to approve access to location settings.

Best

David

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.