Flashmobs

The cricket went on longer than anticipated but just as I closed the stream my eyes noticed a YouTube feed for a flashmob: Carmina Burana. It brought a tear to my eye: wonderful.

Does anyone have a recommendation?

3 Likes

search youtube for STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN Flashmob

1 Like

Oldie but goodie

And this

3 Likes

And.
Last, this

Many more but these are my favourites.

1 Like

I’d not heard the term ‘flash mob’ until now, but then, I’ve not heard of Carminative Burana either.

2 Likes

I fear that auto correct is at play.

1 Like

I must admit to getting a little emotional watching these. Not just the music and youth, but it takes me back to living and working around europe and the open cafe culture. That and the pre covid times, no fears of people singing all over you, no masks hiding the expressions. Happy times.

2 Likes

It’s hard to find any bad ones. I’ve just spent the last half hour on YouTube watching them back-to-back hoping from one to another - what a great feel good factor. Although not strictly FlashMob, my favourite has always been Kim Wilde drunk on a tube after a party, with her guitarist, and decides to do an impromptu singalong - search for " Kim Wilde - Merry Christmas"

1 Like

I do love the flashmob videos, and find them quite emotional. Perhaps I’m getting old.

2 Likes

My all time favourite flash mob video

1 Like

It’s probably just me, but having watched a few of these now, I’ve seen a couple (incl Stairway to heaven) that appear to have been obviously dubbed over with a studio recording, with a bit of crowd noise. Now I realise they must be hard to record, but I would so much prefer to hear a live session along with any imperfections that may bring

1 Like

I know this is a TV commercial but very well done.

3 Likes

Carmina Burana by Carl Orff for Choir, Soloists and Orchestra. Used in a lot of ads. Personally I really like it.

1 Like

I’m very aware of the music. I’d not heard of a flashmob, and wondered if the change of the name of the price in the original post ‘carminative burana’ was part of the flashmob thing, rather than the curse of autocorrect.

1 Like

Me too we obviously live sheltered lives.

What does flashmob mean?

I know and love the music, having several recorded versions and having seen live several times - but “flashmob”? What is that?

1 Like

Didn’t it all revolve around ‘Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down’ a few years ago?

I can’t find a good example where they don’t wreck Mr Astley’s awful one hit wonder even more.

Zombies?