Flatcap XS, what to expect if anything?

Flatcap XS made a giant difference at our house to our Nait XS2, CD5X system. It will also run a Headline or a Stageline, or even a Superline. You get more of everything, particularly with a smallish speaker. Our nSats would rock the house with this set up. It will feel like an amp upgrade if that is what you are looking for.

2 Likes

Booked a demo session at my local dealer.

He doesnt have the supernait 3 in store, but has the supernait 2.
He has also recommended the rega aethos and a simaudio moon integrated.

Both of which I will also be listening to.

2 Likes

If you can go for the SN3 then that’s a good option and should work very nicely with your Qutest.

Back to your original question, I ran an original Nait XS along with a Flatcap XS for a couple of years and found that to be a very sweet combination. The Flatcap gave a nice, if not night and day, uplift in performance and was a better partner with the Nait than the SC I also tried .

Good luck with your demos

1 Like

The SN3 is a big uplift from an already good XS 2. I think you will take the SN3. Enjoy.

2 Likes

I had a love/hate relationship with my Flatcap XS powering a 152 XS pre. In the end, after plenty of comparisons, I decided that it killed the soundstage and reigned everything in a bit too much for my liking, so I sold it and now power the 152 directly from the NAP 155.

I appreciate what the FCXS adds which is slightly more refinement and a bit of taming in the top end, especially at high volume, but it does this at the expense of soundstage and excitement. I much prefer the sound without the FXCS – more ballsy and gutsy, better bass definition and a much improved soundstage, almost holographic in comparison. Appreciate that there are many variables like room, speakers etc. but this is my experience of the FCXS.

4 Likes

@Wayne

Maybe so. But not at my house. Flatcap = Balls at my house. If you have boys and they want to rock, get a Flatcap and you won’t be sorry. That is what we did. Rock with a pair of nSats! What a concept!

We have an old school brick house with just a plaster wall behind it. No studs. Unique-ish. construction.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.