Flavour of sound

That is a fantastic and very well balanced system you have there. A pleasure to read through your journey. I ran very similar (albeit with a NAIT XS 2) and thought it was a supremely musical system indeed. Enjoy!:+1:

Thank you for the replies.

I think I have experienced the same with the ND5 XS2 in that it’s taken a bit longer to sound right. To start with I guess it sounded slightly brittle, thin, edgy. It has filled out nicely now and overall ‘balanced’ is a great way to describe the sound of the system. According to one review I read, it can take months before the run in period is complete. I’m not so sure about that as it sounds lovely as it is but I’m more than happy to be proven wrong.

I did briefly look to finding a used Supernait as was suggested on here. It would have to be used realistically for budgetary/justification/matrimonial harmony considerations. Also, I figured if a Supernait is that much more resolving than a Nait XS, I could find myself eyeing up NDX2’s in the future and I’m happy to avoid or at least distance myself from the temptation of further upgrades if at all possible.

I had done as much reading as I could stand trying to understand what, if any differences there are between the XS2 and XS3 and I’m not sure that they were significant enough to choose one over the other. It was just by chance that I found the XS3 but had it been the 2, I would have ordered it just the same. The inclusion of a phono stage is of no interest to me. I like the idea of a turntable and the ritual of preparing a record for play but I am essentially lazy in this regard. Prodding the screen of my iPad with a single digit while operating a glass of Merlot is all the activity I’m interested in when the mood for some music hits me.

All the best

Davo

1 Like

To add to my post above - you have the right speakers for your system. Perfectly balanced. Enjoy the Merlot, which reminds me…

Happy Listening! :wine_glass:

Thank you Stephen_Tate. I have owned the SX2’s for some years now and they worked beautifully with the UQ. I was never able to get them sounding right with the Atom in circuit though and started to experiment with other speaker options. Anyway, I came to my senses and realised that replacing the speakers to correct what I perceive as a deficiency in the electronics would be a mistake so they stayed.

Cheers :wine_glass:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.