FM acoustics / Vertere show

Just went to listen to Vertere turntables with FM acoustics electronics.
There was 3 rooms. The entry level with Vertere DJ, then the middle one with the MG and the last top one .
I heard 5 minutes the middle one and didn’t liked the sound quality. As with the Naim/ Solstice show few months ago, the speakers were Eaglestone works. Too bright, edgy, on your face sound.

I listened then some albums through the top system, with FM acoustics speakers, with a stereo amp for each speaker, with active crossover.
The turntable was Vertere SG1, completely upgraded, with the Mystic cart. Total cost : around 500 k euros.
I was alone in that room, with Touraj himself. We listened and spoked a lot. Very interesting guy.
I have never heard such big and articulated bass on brothers and arms.
Then Marvin Gay, some blues…
Impressive sound and system.

9 Likes

Touraj is a great guy to talk to. Best you start saving the Euro cents😉

1 Like

4 Likes

The FM top preamp, with phono and RIAA curve adjustments.

3 Likes

The « racks « are Roboli design.
FM acoustics speakers, with 2X stereo amps and 2 active crossovers.

3 Likes

1 Like

I spoke a lot with Touraj. He likes explaining all a lot.
I asked him about the SMPS for the middle turntable, the 10 k MG1. He said that there are bad and very good SMPS. He found that one very good and stable. A high quality one.
I asked him about the Roksan TMS3, how it compares to the MG1. To my surprise, he said the MG1 is completely on another level. Even the entry level DJ is better vs the TMS3. It’s what he said, but I don’t believed him.
He said the major and radical upgrade vs the TMS 3 is the motor and bearing. It’s not possible to fit the MG or SG motor inside the TMS.
You can just fit the new ps.

2 Likes

Would love to speak with Touraj about the DG-1 - heard it a couple of weeks back and it was quite impressive.

1 Like

When I upgraded to a Vertere PSU on my Xerxes Touraj personally came over with the dealer to do the implementation. He stayed for ages whilst we listened to Jeff Beck, Coltrane etc. A truly clever guy.

3 Likes

Hi FR,
And then Touraj came up with an even better motor & motor drive called Tempo.

2 Likes

Touraj made me discover a wonderful album, blues and soul.
I just bought it.

5 Likes

Look at the pic 6. It’s written : motor : Immerium.
But the ps is Tempo. Something I don’t understand. Can you explain ?

Thanks FR, great album, just bought from Qobuz.

1 Like

Interesting chamfered-leg solid wood stands for the amps and active crossovers in a Euro 500k system.

Glad you enjoyed the latter audition, Monsieur FR. It’s a privilege to be able to listen, and to be grateful for the exposure and experience. Cheers

1 Like

Thanks for sharing this @frenchrooster
Just out of interest, do you follow events on the French Naim forum. I hear of some amazing events organised by the French distributor for Focal/Naim.

To be honest FR, I am starting to lose track of all his motor drives.

First, there’s the SG-1, which is the one that came with my MG-1 turntable and can be adapted for Roksan Xerxes & TMS turntables.

Then there’s the Tempo which features a new motor and new motor controller. This is what my MG-1 has these days. Boogielicious is the adjective that would describe the upgrade to Tempo. It makes music additively enjoyable and captivating. I think that Tempo is the new standard for the SG-1 turntable.

But Touraj couldn’t stop there, so there is the ultimate power supply for the RG-1 turntable, appropriately called the Reference. This has manual fine tuning of turntable speed, though I’m not all together sure why one would want this. Personally, I just want it to be right and to stay there.

Finally, I think Immerium is the latest one and it’s a slight downgrade on the Reference. I may be wrong in this though.

Best regards, BF

1 Like

I read the french forum sometimes. But not really interested by that kind of event, to be honest. And very few people on this forum has Focal.
My dealer himself is trying to see if he will buy Focal speakers. He is not sure yet.

The stands are made by very massive wood . The name is Roboli. But I agree, it’s not common to see that. My new dealer is making them, so he advertises.

1 Like

Qobuz for me too . A bit pricey for 16/44 quality, but very good album.
:+1:

1 Like