Focal Bathys

Finally I have some time to sit and write about my experience with these headphones.
I must say I’m very impressed by these. More so than I anticipated, before they arrived.

The bombshell here is that I’ve elected that the Bathys will replace the Celestees in my setup.
Originally, I planned only to get replace the Bose.

While I believe the Celestees are ‘better’, the Bathys cover so much ground in their functionality that it’s not beneficial for me to have both.
Throw in ANC, transparency mode, and Bluetooth and it just makes sense.

ANC is not as isolating as some rivals. However, it does a more than adequate job at blocking outside noise.

I find the Celestees to be more dynamic, have more punch, and possess an overall clarity that the Bathys do not.
The Celestees require an adequate source to match how much they reveal. Without a quality DAC and amp the presentation can be lackluster.
I feel like the Bathys ‘hand-hold’ the music more and are warmer in presentation.

With this change in my set-up I’ll be looking to jump into a higher bracket for an open-back headphone and I’m very pleased that the Bathys help facilitate that shift.

8 Likes

I see some are complaining about the cables included with the headphones are too short.

I was wondering if these are better than my Quad Era 1?

Just bought these and am very pleased. But which usb cable works for iPhone dac mode?

I believe you will need one of the lightning to USB-C adapters.
I think a standard lightning to USB-C cable may not work.

I have been told that I need an “Apple Camera Adapter” and a USB A to USB C cable. There may be special Lightning to USB C cables that can “trick” your iPhone into thinking it’s using an official Camera Adapter. But where can you buy such a cable?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.