Focal Kanta 2 :πŸ‘

Hi, this morning I listened to a demo with the new Focal Kanta 2 speakers. A whole other way of listening to music, more presence, more air and more stage with a warmth never heard before. What I have at home is now difficult to digest …

3 Likes

Wonder how they compare to kudos 606s

1 Like

What do you have at home now? And agree… The Kanta line is excellent

2 Likes

I have had my Kanta 2 for over a year now and I have to say they are a bit special. So much presence, bass and soundstage, they fill the house with music whch is what we are in this hifi world for. I have listened to quite a few speakers at similsr price levels and none suit my ears better than the Kantas. Of course that is the dilema because we all have different ears so no make is suitable to all.
If you have found valhalla with the Kantas then go for them they are a truly great earful!

4 Likes

The Kanta 2 would be wholly inappropriate for a Nait 5si.

1 Like

Nigel has presumably checked what your system is and I have to agree these Kantas would be overkill for a nait 5si.
My system comprises ND555, 552, 300, and this is where I am finding the Kantas are well suited.

1 Like

I had a look at the profile - ND5XS2 and Nait 5si. Unlike the Sopras and the more expensive Focals, the Kantas look rather super, and I understand they are less bright sounding than the others. I’d like to hear them one of these days.

Nigel,
If you are ever coming to Ipswich Suffolk please let me know you woud be welcome to listen to these Kantas.

I had a listen to the stand mount Kanta 1’s with SN3 + NDX 2 + XPS DR. Sounded very nice. I’m dabbling with some more modestly sized boxes and these could work well.

2 Likes

Note: listen to the dealer with supernait 3 and ndx2

1 Like

They are indeed great. Love em.

1 Like

There was a demo of the new Chora speakers at Bristol show. They are very good value and I enjoyed those a lot. They are targetted at multichannel AV setups but might be worth a demo on a NAIT 5 si if you get a chance. You may be surprised what they are capable of and could prove a good match for that 5 Series amp. They had the 826-D on front channels and 806 standmounts on the rears. Their amp was a current Denon AV amp so a modest system overall but sounded engaging.

I had the Kanta 2 on dem at home for a week. I think they look better than the Sopra 2 but don’t sound as good. For me the Kudos 606 sounded better than them both. That’s me listening to them in my home. Other users will have their own opinions. I listened to various speaker over a period of months to extent that it wasn’t pleasurable any more and decided to stay with my Spendor D7 until a few weeks later totally unplanned I took home the 606’s. Years ago I had a pair of Linn Isobariks thus that’s why I probably like the sound of the 606’s.

1 Like

The Kanta 2 are an amazing speaker, had them on my system for over a year. Just love them to bits, the synergy with Naim is second to none.

1 Like

What a coincidence I recently went from D7s to a pair of 606s a superb upgrade especially after hearing the new price at the Bristol show yesterday.

I assume the price hasn’t gone downπŸ˜„

I listened to the Kudos 6o6’s but felt to my ears the Kantas were a better sound

3 Likes

10k is the new price.

It was just for me yesterday it was for an experience and trial. At the moment I am not in a position to replace my speakers that are only 2 years old! I have the Ergo from Canton in photos. Before and shortly I will grow with an XS3 or SN3. Then you will see for the speakers, even if these listened yesterday really hurt me! :thinking::sweat_smile::roll_eyes:

Dynaudio Evoke 50 are worth a listen.