Focal Sopra 2

In my quest to see how much I can get from my Uniti Nova, I have bought it some Focal Sopra 2 speakers.

Getting them in place was quite an effort, they feel a lot heavier than their 55kg each suggests.
They are obviously not run in yet or in their final position but are already sounding very nice.

I have just ordered some Townshend Audio Seismic Podiums for them which get some very good reviews.
I already have the Seismic Platform under the Nova which I am very pleased with.

6 Likes

HH incoming :joy:

13 Likes

Enjoy! That sounds like a fantastic system :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Sorry, forgot to add a picture.

14 Likes

Mullet alert!

Mind you, I heard a Nova sound absolutely superb with a pair of Kudos Titan 505s in a crappy hotel room at the Bristol Show, so who knows?

3 Likes

And while I don’t subscribe to running a 500 system with Tablettes, I do think that a different distribution of funds than a 6K front end with 15K speakers and 2+K speaker platforms probably achieves better results.

On the other hand, it will probably still sound fun if one likes the Sopra sound. (Personally I found them awful with 252/300 although I very much wanted to like them, but tastes differ).

So, enjoy. I still think they look great in the right room

2 Likes

The Uniti Nova front end is just a stepping stone, I plan on something much more high end in the future but probably not Naim.
I know it’s out of balance, I just want to see what it can achieve.
I had Sonos Faber previously but was never happy with the tonal balance.

1 Like

Awesome speakers!!!
I never had the chance to listen to them but i really love the design.

1 Like

Please have enough independence of spirit about you to resist the cries of the naysayers. And enjoy your speakers.

10 Likes

I see, that makes sense!

1 Like

I know this goes against the grain here but I am very much a speaker first guy. They make the biggest difference to the sound (apart from the room :wink: )

I had sopra 2s with my previous system and if you have a good, treated room they sound great. My problem was my room was not treated and I always found the top end a bit harsh. I have since had sopra 1 in my now treated room, with Naim and get none of that.

Enjoy your system I am sure it sounds amazing

4 Likes

Whether one should need to treat one’s room to make one’s speakers sound acceptable may be something worth considering. It really shouldn’t be too much to ask to buy a speaker that just works. Do you need a specially treated road to enjoy driving your car?

6 Likes

I would buy some cables lifters from Nordost, only 2,5 k for 8. Add a Chord Music power cord to the Nova and 2 Innuos PhoenixNet with Chord Music Ethernet cables. Don’t forget the Chord M6 powerhaus, and then it will be a wonderful balanced system.

4 Likes

Naughty Sweetie, naughty :sunglasses:

5 Likes

The M6 toll is so smooth and nice to drive. So much better than the M6. Just saying. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Cool looking speakers. Hope they sound great with the Nova and with whatever you move to. A joy to own if they give you the sound and the look you want ! :+1:

But in all honesty probably a little on the mullet side with the Nova. Life is short though :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

There are some things that are so contrary to one’s own view of things that it’s not worth commenting.

1 Like

Tarmac gives better results than dirt

2 Likes

They are sounding amazing, so detailed.

2 Likes

Thanks, no issues with a harsh top end in my room.
They have great bass. I do have a large open plan lounge/diner/kitchen to plenty of space for long waves to roam free.

1 Like