Focal sopra

Congratulations for your Sopra 2. I have a similar system though my source is NDS/555DR. I prefer toe-in directly pointing to my shoulders. I find that the twitter response is better on-axis. They are fantastic speakers, very coherent and detailed. I love them! I posted a picture before.

1 Like

I love Focalā€™s take on speaker aesthetics and have been admiring them from a distance for
a while now. I find the Sopras particularly appealing and will likely get a pair at some point in the future. Iā€™m kind of burned out on the traditional speaker colors so the orange is right up my alley. But for now my Ovators sound quite good. Congrats on your purchase!

Itā€™s always a really satisfying moment when a system ā€˜comes togetherā€™. The key sign is that interest in hifi components drops away because youā€™re spending so much time enjoying music. It sounds like youā€™re at that point. Congratulations and keep on enjoying your fine system.

Roger

amazing you nearly bought the A3 , i heard them in London at the UK premiere

I am a huge fan of focal having had the 1028be and diablo utopia . but afraid i heard a sopra 3 with a sn2 and it was like listening to concorde ā€¦loud brash and tolerable for a few mins only !!!

I also think they sound better with the spikes

I also think they sound better with the spikes to the timber floor itself without the floor protector discs.

1 Like

Not my cup

Amazing that I considered the A3, or amazing that I didnā€™t pick them over the Sopra?

I see the Sopra N2 now has a list price of Ā£11,999!

Phil

Yes, unfortunately there are a few frequent old-school Naim police on the forum who canā€™t help themselves. It happens with mains power and Fraims a lot too Iā€™ve noticed. And the revered 272.

7 Likes

amazing you nearly bought the a3 , i didn`t think they were that well known

Awesome choice. Enjoy!

1 Like

Quite happy with my Fact 12ā€™s thank you!

And so you should be!

1 Like

Harkmoon. Congratulations on your purchase.
I bought a pair of Sopra No.2 a few years ago when they were first launched and absolutely love them. The sound is so real and insightful. And their contemporary design makes some other speaker designs look well . . . boxy. Enjoy.

2 Likes

Hi, Thanks they are absolutely brilliant once they are set up properly, I am two weeks with them now and they bring pure joy every time I listen.

2 Likes

:+1: :+1: :+1:

6 Likes

Iā€™ve been loving my Sopra No2ā€™s since 2015, their reproduction is so real and musical. In fact the only speakers Iā€™d ever consider changing them for would be a pair of Focal Scala V2 Utopiaā€™s. Which are almost 3 times the price . . .
Enjoy your fabulous speakers and believe me they will only sound better and better as time goes on . . .

1 Like

They are very special i have similar systemā€¦ but without 555ps which should be big step-up from my current xps non dr.