Football season 2022 - 2023

The Super Seagulls inflict a third defeat this season over the Scousers. Brighton & hove Albion are now my favourites to win the FA Cup what an incredible day for their fans that would be.

2 Likes

I donā€™t think there can be much argument about the most entertaining tie of the 4th round of the FA cup. Well done Wrexham and the Blades!

5 Likes

Pinch me, Iā€™m dreaming :grinning::soccer::soccer::soccer::crossed_fingers::white_heart::blue_heart::white_heart:

1 Like

I went to the replay against Man U back then they gave those of us lucky enough to be going the afternoon of school from Cardinal Newman.

Fozzy came back and ruined it all.

Wow. Had exact same conversation with my mate today . He was at Brighton college - and they got the afternoon off too.

I went to school in hassocks. No such benefits :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Watched the end of the Liverpool game on the concourse at our match. Clearly the Fabinho offence was a straight red. The other was an orange. The Brighton Wrexham connection remains strong so there was a decent roar when that terrific winner went in.

Also watched the Saints match with interest. Our ex keeper Maxy was in goal for Blackpool. Really good keeper who ought to be in the EPL. Had a stinker by the look of it. Genuinely interested in how Jones does at Saints. Heā€™s a very good manager who has warned his chance. His methods take time but if he gets that then Saints will build something far better than they e had for a while.

To some extent the worst of all outcomes for is todayā€¦ A replay which replaces a league fixture in a month which could well decide the title. The loss of 2/3rds of the defence and a poor goal inside 7 minutes. Thought it took us until 35 minutes to recover and get going.

Max Cleworth has been harshly treated this season. Allegedly targeted by the opposition for his youth and on his way to a bigger club. Anyone who doubted him should have seen his 2 games against Championship teams. Iā€™d have started with James Jones in midfield anyway as Iā€™m convinced Oā€™Connor and Lee together in midfield are nice to look at but pedestrian and create less than when Jonah plays. So, wasnā€™t too unhappy to see either on the pitch despite the injuries. Thought both were superb. Parky could have switched to a back 4 but bravely stuck with the improvised back 3 who were so bad at Wembley andā€¦ they were excellent.

2nd half you essentially saw us show the world what we can do. Thought we played some tremendous stuff as we have in winning all 16 home games so far. This was far better than the Coventry game where we won but forgot large parts of what we do well and really had to ride our luck. The loss of the 2 defenders cost us the equaliser but crikey what a great cup game.

We had a perfect view of the red card offence, which TV clearly did not. Tozer called our their guy for cheating and he lashed out with a leg which he absolutely smashed into Tozer. Referee and assistant didnā€™t see it as they were rightly following play. 4th official saw it and can only call a referee over if heā€™s seen a red card offence. The mouthful he then gave the referee as he was going off was wholly unwarranted.

Iā€™m back home now and have just watched the preamble and the 1st half. 6 incidents in the 1st half which fans on 3 sides were raging about. Clearly we should not volunteer to be police witnesses. Referee was correct on every 1. Best cup match of the weekend by a mile though.

2 Likes

There is a strong rumour that Norwich City maybe getting Arsenalā€™s young Brazilian Marquinhos on loan until the end of the season.

The electric winger would be a great signing for Norwich and it would be excellent experience for him.

1 Like

If it goes through I hope he does better than Harry Kane!:wink:

2 Likes

Ā£105M anybody?

Marvellous, a player who is Ā£10M better than Lukaku.

Hereā€™s Chelseaā€™s Director of Football to explain the clubā€™s policy regarding transfersā€¦

3 Likes

Apparently every other team wants to buy Gallagher.

And Barcelona want to buy Felix who hasnā€™t even been on the pitch for 90 minutes for us yet! They clearly appreciate a wild red card.

Everton offering Ā£45. As you know, Iā€™m a fan of CG but that seems like quite a bit of money

Less than fifty quid? I knew Everton were struggling but thatā€™s taking the mick.

3 Likes

Sorry - should have said Ā£45 and a lifetime supply of Alice bands

3 Likes

@PaulM Luton Town a distinct possibility for us Saints in FA Cup 5th round!

That is so spooky Chris, I was just speculating this possibility with a fellow supporter at the weekend: the only issue being that we have to get past Grimsby beforehand which is not a done deal. If we get through then I would hope for a decent game. Not a bad draw for Saints though, getting another home draw against either a Championship or Div 2 side.

1 Like

A decent game - our reward for winning is facing the mimging Mancs at the Glazierdrome in the fifth round. Again. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Jorginho off to Arsenal then.

Heā€™ll fit right in to a young, dynamic squad always looking to go forwardsā€¦

In reality most of his passing follows Rugby rules.

1 Like

Surprised to read of Cancelo loan move to Bayern- thought he was one of Cityā€™s best players in recent seasons

1 Like