Forum Album of the Year 2022 - The Vote!

It’s a loveless job, hopefully it’ll gather some support as we closer to the new year.

2 Likes

It’s all good - just a bit of fun!

2 Likes

The Jack White is a strangely surreal reassuring piece of work.

4 Likes

Is it one vote per person or can we artificially increase our favourite (Anais Mitchell) by dropping more votes, like the good old days when record companies would go and buy up loads of records to get the number one spot😁

You could but then it open up a case for stolen vote and we all know how that worked out.:grin:

2 Likes

No - when you design a poll on the forum you can choose whether people have single or multiple votes. If single then you can only vote once. You could register on the forum under a new username and login for a second vote but that would seem like an awful lot of work for a trivial vote!

3 Likes

Thanks for this @crispyduck - all new to me and I enjoyed the first thread with the views and reviews. It’s been mostly jazz and classical and chill background for me this year, so a top twelve list is very welcome!

First up Tidal play is the Jack White, which is v cool so far (is it just me or echoes of Bowie vocals and Beatles piano?!) … but I will spin a few more before I cast my (single!) vote.

Cheers!

2 Likes

That’s what this was all about - to share good new music!

2 Likes

Sorry @crispyduck and everyone else, I was only joking :joy:

2 Likes

Alan interesting I thought that about the piano but didn’t get the vocal. I’ve ordered the vinyl.

2 Likes

A bit late to the vote thread, thank you for doing this @crispyduck - awesome couple of threads :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Glad you’re enjoying. ATB

2 Likes

Yes, very good work Crispy, and be sure to make this an annual event.

I am still spending a little time listening, I need multiple listens on the ones I don’t know. Is there an informal deadline for voting?

1 Like

Agreed, some 70’s feel going on in some of those tracks, makes for an interesting album.

1 Like

Thanks for doing this. Loved Entering Heaven Alive, which led me to Fear of the Dawn, also excellent.

1 Like

Voted - I think there was one stand out album(s) for me, quite astounding quality and I love the fusion of different music styles, vocal harmonies, psychedelic funk, with lots of fuzzy guitar, African beats and the all encompassing song writing.

2 Likes

I just voted for Jake Xerxes, not my favorite album this year but as no one else voted for him, also I’ve seen him twice this year so I thought he should get a honorable mention.

3 Likes

I’m curious what album was that, cheers.

Looking back on 2022 I didn’t seem to buy a lot of stuff that was actually released this year (lots of back catalogue purchases it seems). None of these appear on the voting list!

Scorpions album - Rock Believer was a real surprise, very decent and reminiscent of their late 70s/early 80s.

If I was pushed to pick a favourite though, it might actually be Walter Trout’s album Ride. The old (?) guy certainly put out a cracking blues album.

Great initiative @crispyduck

For those who are interested I’ve created a playlist on Qobuz with the two most popular songs (based on the number of streams on Spotify) from each of the top albums. You should be able to access this from the link below:

Naim Forum Album of the Year 2022

3 Likes