Forum Cliches, One Month In

it’s not exactly the same…

i wanted to say : the most cited component, naim or non naim.

I’m a bit worried that we seem to have a dearth of inky blackness in the new forum…

best
David

1 Like

« analogue sound », often « cliché « cited.

Only 13 threads with toe or toes tapping, foot or feet tapping. Has the new forum stopped the Naim sound reaching the parts other systems can’t reach?

I may have used some of the superlative terms in irony…

I couldn’t help myself, slow Firiday…

Probably coz the forum “should be serviced”

It’s new! Shouldn’t need its caps replacing for ten years!

Perhaps it’s just not run in yet.

1 Like

Ah, I think you’ve nailed it there David.

1 Like

interesting … I cannot stand the word ‘interesting’.

Is this an inverted Catch 22?

Has PRaT died out?

It would be a shame, as I am not sure I ever really worked out what it was!

Bruce

‘musical’ is another cliche’d term that gets my goat…

1 Like

OK, to consolidate

I had an itch to scratch so borrowed some equipment from my dealer. As I put the new component into place my jaw hit the floor as the veil lifted due to the massive soundstage that made the system sound more musical. The difference was night and day. SWMBO, Hugo and Melco completely agreed with me as everyone uttered ‘blimey’.

The music was an audiophile harp piece, which despite having no rhythm had my toes tapping uncontrollably. I feel such a PRAT. When the single track finished we were all struck by the inky blackness that followed.

5 Likes

cable x better than a box upgrade…

2 Likes

…and your existing kit sounded ‘broken’?

2 Likes

Local dealer.

knows you more than you’re GP !!

1 Like

In danger of being called out for a cliche like “ATB George” there Bruce :slight_smile:

Signing your own name politely is now a cliche??!

Firmly of the view that telling everyone what you don’t like and expecting people to sympathise is a tedious cliche in itself. People who get worked up about grammar and how a sentence starts. Total and utter denial of language as a living and ever changing thing. The romanticising of some non-existent golden era.

It’s like people banging on about democracy whilst failing to notice that the first genuinely democratic election in the UK took place as recently as 1950.

In the spirt of donating a word I’ll go with “growlery” and retreat there now.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.