Forum software glitches on iPad?

iPad 6th gen here, all fine with all the latest updates in place.

My 6 year old iphone 5s has also started to play up, exactly as Bluesfan described.

If it can only run up to iOS 12 then it’s perhaps a reminder that technology doesn’t stand still and these things need to be upgraded every now and then.

Tried the same here. Indeed, the iPad mini 2 suffers from this, the newer iPad doesn’t. Thanks for checking!

Hi @Richard.Dane I do appreciate that, but would not have expected web browsing to be impacted like this on older devices. Maybe I need to try and install a newer browser on the iPad mini 2 and see how that works. I do agree however, that this device is really running old now. :unamused:

There was a thread about this the other day

I think Naim were going to look into it but it was likely caused by general software updates rather than something they have done to their Forum.

I’m in the same boat. My secondhand iPad Mini that I only bought to run the Naim app and browse the Forum now only runs the app.

Older thread here

1 Like

Thanks, missed that thread completely.

1 Like

Helpful link, that you Matthew. I have the same issue as reported in that thread.

@Richard.Dane , all good, not a major issue. I was wondering when to pension off the old ipad mini 2. This provides the nudge to do so.

Merry Christmas, BF

1 Like

I only bought mine a few months ago. :cry:

But it was £30 on Ebay so I can’t complain. Cheap for a reason. Perhaps there will be a bargain in the sales.

I’ve tried that and I couldn’t get the current batch of browsers in the App Store to install on older versions of iOS.

I installed Opera. It made no difference

Couldn’t work out how to get Chrome or Firefox

In the App Store?

I read some time ago that the different browsers you can download for iDevices are really just front ends - that the engine remains Safari. Don’t know if that’s still true.

App store version only works from iOS 14. I’m stuck on 12. Sometimes it offers an earlier version. This one didn’t.

A bit of Googling didn’t reveal an obvious solution

Thank you for letting me know. Bummer.

So far with my iPad running Safari on IOS12 it’s only the Naim forum out of many sites that is dysfunctional. I don’t doubt that more sites will begin to break eventually now I cannot update IOS, but I do wonder if there is something specific here with the Naim site that is causing problems and could be fixed. I understand that underlying the site is forum software bought in by Naim - could the supplier be contacted, if that’s the case?

It’s down to the platform which is from Discourse. We have to apply their security updates as soon as they become available. AFAIK they’re aware of the issue but may not be able (or willing to apply the resource) to fix it as iOS 12 is no longer fully supported.

May be installation of “discourse hub” from app store can solve this. It is referred as 12.0 compatible.

If you have another iOS/iPadOS device which is newer you may be able to install there after which provided an older Mini/iPhone etc is signed in with the same AppStore ID it generally offers you the option to install last compatibel version.

Brave browser might be another to try.

Is this the same reason we are unable to upload images on High Sierra perhaps?