Fountain pens (2)

Hi Stevie - I thought it was either F or EF as the writing sample suggested. I do find that Pelikan nibs tend to be wider than usual. Their F grade is about the same as M grade in most other makes. I like your choice of ink - that in itself could be subject for another thread! Your choice of Rhodia paper is good for fountain pens.

Chris-G Cheers

Lamy pens are very good, and excellent value. If you can run to one, I recommend the Lamy 2000, a beautiful timeless design, with piston filler.

Hi Chris
How are your Parker nibs? Some I find a delight, especially on the older Parker’s.

Yeah, you’re spot on, Rhodia is really nice quality.

Pics of your pens? Love to see em.

I’ve never owned a Lamy, but always heard good things about them. I’ll have to look out for a 2000.
Always liked piston fillers.

Oh dear!

Just found out I’m close to this store

https://www.lamy.com/en/flagship-store-heidelberg/

1 Like

A visit is mandatory, surely!

Just had a look at the 2000. Like the hooded nib - classic look.

agreed! on both counts

The Lamy 2000 is the best pen I’ve ever had. Lost it after having it for over twenty years.
I now have a Montblanc Meisterstuck but it just doesn’t write as well as the Lamy. Also have a Dunhill (a gift from my dad 25 years ago). Not sure if Dunhill made their pens or they were made by some other company. Didn’t really like the nib on the Dunhill.

@TNC

Not sure, but I think Dunhill pens were made by Pilot. My Longitude 2000 has a Pilot filling mech iirc.

Hi Stevie

The nibs on the Parker 51s are almost all a delight to use. My Pelikan fountain pens (a flock?).

1 Like

Gorgeous Chris.
I have the same blue stripe, and used to have the largest black Souveran (forget if it had a name) but sold that. Lovely pens, Pelikans.

The topmost one, very nice - don’t recall seeing one like that before.

The top one is a special edition, produced during 2018. They’re all in the 800 series.

Ah, in that case my blue stripe is a 400 (? tbh, I forget the hierarchy below 800).

Your Pelikans are indeed a lovely flock - I’ll bet a bunch of Pelikans is called something quirkier!

Among others, a Squadron of Pelikans will do nicely Quite like a ‘Scoop’ too :slight_smile:
Could be a new game for penheads.
A Nosey of Parkers, for example…

Heat’s getting to me. Apologies.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.