Fraim adjustment

Hermann,

If you are testing the level by sitting the ‘bubble’ on the glass and you’re sure the base’s spikes aren’t digging in to the floor, check the ball bearing seats.

I find it’s quite easy to insert these wrong way up - which loses 2/3mm of height.

One way to test any difference in the seats/balls and glass would, of course, be to put them on a level surface (e.g. kitchen work-surface) and then test. As Richard mentions, the bigger the ‘bubble’ the better as, IME, the smaller ones are less accurate.

…and it’s always worth checking the accuracy of the ‘bubble’ - just swap it around lengthways.

Anecdote - I bought 2 small ‘bubbles’ from a well-known auction site to test my TT platter and when placed on a known 99% flat surface, the bubbles went in different directions!

I use a combination of the Measure app on the iPhone which has a level function in it and a compact Stabila level as I’ve found theirs are somewhat more accurate than your stock DIY store variety.

And to add something else into the mix I use an electronic inclinometer (make the noise … heheh) as that is just about the best I have used and I don’t have to squint to see the bubble !

Calibrated I assume :wink:

Ah … so thats why everything in my house is on a 5 degree slant … :slight_smile:

Put it on the list of jobs to do whilst stuck at home!
Something with a display with a good level of accuracy is the way to do it though ribbing aside.
I was trying to check how accurate the iPhone app was as that seems to do a pretty good job and gives you a visual feedback as the screen goes Green when it’s level. I then use the Stabila one as a sanity check.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.