Fraim base assembly - help!

Hi all, I’m having trouble my newly arrived Fraim (not Lite) base layer. I’m normally quite good at practical things but I’m struggling. Part C-04 that I’ve been supplied looks different from the image assembly instructions. I think it’s supposed to have a hole with a thread in it but mine just has a shallow depression - surely the upward facing bolt doesn’t just sit loosely into this?
Thanks in advance for your help
John

John, that doesn’t sound right about an upward facing bolt, do you have a picture?

Part C-04 should have a hole and a depression. It goes underneath and is then secured with a nut.

This is where C4 goes, with the depression upwards. It is all shown in the manual so take your time and do it really carefully.

Make sure also that the wooden part is upside down, so that the cutouts for the cups and balls face downwards.

Thanks Richard, I found your guide which helped me to work out that the 6 C-04’s have not been included! There are however 6 chips which I guess were mistakenly included instead. All very frustrating.
I’ve contacted my dealer but expect it will take weeks to get the missing parts from the UK to Australia.
John

Ah, OK, that would explain the problem! They do look very similar. Hopefully they can get something worked out so you get the correct bits as quickly as possible.

How annoying. I wonder if Naim could do an urgent delivery for you. Perhaps @Naim.Marketing could pull the necessary strings.

Any help gratefully received - thanks in advance @Naim.Marketing

1 Like

If you’re happy to message with @Richard.Dane with details of your dealer, I can get our service team onto this - they’re such small parts, i’m sure we could airmail them if we have stock.

Thanks Clare, will do. John

John, I have messaged you.

Can you include my 250 to NZ to please? It’s been over 3 months now…

3 Likes

Actually, it’s not just the 250, I have a single full Fraim in order from 3 months ago as well…

1 Like

Hi Richard, Clare suggested I message you directly about the 6 missing C-04’s for my Fraim base. My dealer is Damian at Sound Reference here in Melbourne Australia.
Thanks
John

1 Like

I am looking to have two Fraim towers to take all my black boxes. Its a full days work to get it all right hence the job will be done my my dealer.

Hang on to the six chips - they’re valuable too!

2 Likes

I understand all is in hand via our Australian distributor? Do let us know how you get on!

1 Like

Will do. Thanks Clare

2 Likes

Hi all, by way of an update the fabulous customer service team at Naim sent the missing parts out to Australia by UPS the same day they heard about the problem. They were with the local distributor within 72 hrs from where I collected them. Thanks to everyone for your help. John

8 Likes

That’s great. It’s unfortunate that they were missing but it’s very impressive how Naim swung into action. I often think that the mark of good service is how well errors are corrected. Let’s hope you can now get it all set up properly.

1 Like

All set up in a flash and has made a big difference

3 Likes