Full Statement vs Alternatives

I had alot of pain and expense mixing and matching in the past…the approach I have taken now has been so rewarding…I am sure you could take this approach with any really good hifi manufacturer…such as D’agostino…

2 Likes

It’s a hardship :wink: ATB Peter

2 Likes

As Peter alluded to S1/500 is a great combo. Kudos 808’s are fabulous IMO and I’ve obviously found a lovely synergy with that combo and Chord Music cables. The Full Statement driving a £32k pair of Focals at HQ that I heard recently was a much less visceral experiance.

4 Likes

I don’t think they were M1.

It’s a glass panel, so you can admire the innards without the risk of getting a shock.

1 Like

You are right they were A5’s as I get older numeric names get lost on me! Thanks for the correction!

Thank you for your kind words and I also thank you for sharing your experiences here. It is clear that your journey started earlier than mine but the main difference being your audition of full Statement is perhaps nearer your destination whereas it was the first stop on my journey (ever since it has formed the basis of my Naim reference sound) to which all alternative systems are compared.

Please keep us informed of your experience with full Statement compared to what you have already heard.

Wishing you a lovely day :relaxed:

1 Like

My wife reminds me that the journey is more important than the destination and at some point along the way I’ll audition D’Agostino. Wishing you a lovely day :relaxed:

4 Likes

And that the journey is of course as long and as enjoyable as possible !

2 Likes

This is the Gryphon Commander pre-amp (£57.5k):

Wishing everyone a lovely day/evening :relaxed:

2 Likes

This is the Gryphon Apex power-amp (£87.5k):

Wishing everyone a lovely day/evening :relaxed:

1 Like

…looks like the flagship of an alien invasion fleet.

6 Likes

Hi Satori. I’m curious. Are you intending to buy one of these great amplifiers at the end of the comparisons?

1 Like

When I reach my destination, I’ll compile a shortlist of the three systems that I found to be the most musical and I’ll purchase one of them. Wishing you a lovely day :relaxed:

4 Likes

Interesting. Wishing you a continued enjoyable process and happy destination.

1 Like

as anyone heard Statement with a top flight turntable?

My full Statement is paired with a Kuzma Stabi XL DC TT, Kuzma 14" 4 Point arm and a Rosewood Signature Platinum cartridge. The results (as one might expect) are simply sublime.

6 Likes

I’ve heard a Vertere RG-1 turntable with Touraj’s very expensive tonearm and a Soundsmith cartridge via Naim Statement into the largest Focal Utopia speakers. The resulting sound was dominated by the characteristics of the speakers, so the result was … inconclusive, to be generous.

Equally I’ve heard the S1 pre with other Naim power amps (500DR into PMC FACT12 and separately a 6 pack of 135s into active DBLs), and it was phenomenally capable.

6 Likes

Well thank you BF :pray::wine_glass: Best Peter

2 Likes

That’s some list…some pretty deep dives into some extreme metal. I listen to all sorts, but metal of most types, including the more extreme is my passion. You’ve had me googling a few of those though.
I’d like to imagine the statement development team testing that little lot.

2 Likes

The metal list would prove a far greater workout for any system than the actual demo list :laughing:

2 Likes