G3 vs G4 mains block

+1

Hi Gavin, a nice bit under £1500,- :+1:t3: ATB Peter

Glad it worked out…….it makes you wonder what might be if Naim and others started using “peek” in mainstream products.

1 Like

Odd that there’s no mention of the G4 on the Musicworks website, nor Signals.

(And presumably £1500 is the retail price :slight_smile: )

I think that is after trade in of the G3

1 Like

No its about £2500 if my memory serves me right?

1 Like

Hi Gavin, retail is £2250,-, and having just spoken to Mr. Musicworks it seems they are very labour intensive to manufacture, so I suspect they are dreading a Gold-rush😂 . He seemed extremely happy about my praise full phone call. Also only available through 2 UK dealers. Best Peter

3 Likes

Wow Peter, I do hope it’s a bargain, as it costs a pretty penny.

Is it all about the PEEK, or is there some wiring & connection voodoo going on inside as well?

For now, I’ll slum it with the G3 + cryotanium feeder cable/hawser.

At the moment, the most important system upgrade for me will be a severe de-waxing of a blocked right ear. Bring on the olive oil and a jack hammer!

Best regards, BF

1 Like

Hi Bluesfan, indeed it’s a peculiar thing this whole mains lark! Hope you are otherwise well :+1:t3: Best Peter

:+1: :+1: :+1:
Thanks Peter. Increasingly fat & happy.

Speak soon, probably when I’ve regained some hearing.

Best regards, BF

1 Like

Thanks Peter for the update. Sounds like a very worthwhile upgrade. I hope Alistair will save one for me!!

1 Like

That seems to be a heck of a lot of money for something with design/manufacturing faults. Get a Grahams Hydra, then spend the amount saved on buying LPs or CDs.

1 Like

Hi Graham, thank you for your suggestion/ criticism. Any chance of sharing your own system, just to give me an understanding where you are coming from please? ATB Peter

3 Likes

About the same price as a Naim SL interconnect and being a G3 owner I can imagine the uplift in overall sound from a basic power strip is far greater. Cost is of course relative but in my experience one of the greater leaps in my HiFi journey I have noticed has been from a wireworld matrix to the G3. YMMV.

I am pretty sure there is no design flaw… A human error in manufacturing is something we should not get too upset about unless we want everything made by robots/ai. From what I hear everything has been corrected so no harm done. We hear plenty of stories of people buying new products with faults. The decider for me is how the company deals with the issue.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.