Gapless playback from app

I havnt used the feature in a long while but IIRC the use of Chromecast from the app is not gapless. I assume the OP is using Tidal/Qobuz natively in the app and NOT using Chromecast ?

No I didn’t press that.
I guess it’s album dependent and I didn’t try the right albums. However on my Bluesound Node every track can be played gapless (or with a very short gap). With the Naim app there is much more much time between tracks.

Chromecast IS gapless, however many apps that render through Chromecast do not make any use of the gapless API that is available.

With an Android device there is a simple fix for this…
Instead of directing the app itself to render through the Chromecast API, use the Android OS to redirect the device’s audio stream through Chromecast. You do this by enabling Chromecast through the device’s settings rather than using the Chromecast icon in the app.

I don’t believe that you can do the same with Apple as I don’t believe iOS supports Chromecast (although it doesn’t prevent apps using the Chromecast API to redirect their audio to the network).

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.