Gardening

Must look at painting the new steps as a bit garish in new timber. Still cowslips and primrose’s are looking good despite the lack of rain recently

11 Likes

Looking very good there. Don’t those primroses have a wonderful fragrance? We have plenty in our garden.

1 Like

Sunset on the Green this evening - tulips, bluebells and lady smock (cardamine pratensis)

13 Likes

It’s not really gardening, but this is our insect hotel, energy storage and sports facility since I’ve chopped them all:

Depth is about 70 cm, 2 meters high and it will be about 10 meters long when it’s all done.

8 Likes

The solitary bee grubs are in the holes for nearly a year, so when you use them for your energy, you’ll burn them to death.

1 Like

The moon is my utopia, nothing dies there since there is no life.

I have no shortage of life in my garden, the wild bees have done a lot of work already.

You just said that’s it’s your insect hotel. If it’s your insect hotel, you’ll burn the things to death.

Count, there is so much life in my garden that doing anything does kill. I find that quite difficult, and a according to people around me not pruning enough.

Regarding the wood, it can be used by insects for some time say 3 years, but eventually it will be used and insects having a shelter there will die. I have over 100m hedges though and life will find its way in my garden.

I’m also convinced that my garden is far better than the others in my street, which are mostly design gardens or parking spaces for waste baskets or cars.

3 Likes

Some steel rods a steel ball and the Mighty Mig welder resulted in a very satisfying morning’s work.

Ready for the sweet peas.

14 Likes

Nice work @AndyP

1 Like

Your garden looks really smart.

2 Likes

Sunrise this morning. The view from a bedroom window; the leaf canopy has really begun to enclose the Green this week

7 Likes

Won’t appeal to everyone, but it does to me. I like what is being attempted here - even made the leader in this morning’s Times…

4 Likes

Good advice, and here’s something from one of the Wildlife Trusts

2 Likes

It gives me a good excuse not to trim the sides anymore :slight_smile:

2 Likes

My acer always catches the sun at this time of year now she is a big girl. Think I’ve had this 15 years and been in pots and various position and just kept going! Spring colour is more stunning than autumn by a little bit

Atb
Kk

13 Likes

From the 5pm beverage bench

Atb
Kk

4 Likes

Another vow from the house. Big fan of that spring blast of colour and then to be honest my garden loses the colour and interest. Need to work on that this year if I get time

4 Likes

Beautiful collection of trees there

1 Like

One more as it looks so good to my eye!!!

The light at this time and the plants! I remember planting all these in April so many years ago hoping for this!

Atb
Kk

Enjoy the summer all!

6 Likes