GCSE results

Good to hear.

My youngest is in a similar position.

The group taking exams this year have had a really tough run in to the exams with all the disruption in the last few years. It’s impressive they have coped as well as they have.

3 Likes

I wish they would not always give exam results such high priority on the news. footage of youngsters finding out how well they have done may reinforce the achievements of your child if he/she has too. it may also encourage younger children to give their education their best shot. However, some kids will not do so well and will be experiencing a period of disappointment. By making exam success the headline story will surely be a negative for others who need to be reassured that they are not failures.

2 Likes

I managed 5 gce passes all those years ago.

I still remember father’s grunt of approval.

Times were very different then.

2 Likes

I took my O levels ( a mixture of GCE and CSE exams) in 1982. My parents promised me a fiver for each pass. They were pretty pissed off when I got 9. ‘Why can’t you be like your brother!’

2 Likes

I agree to an extent, some can seem to brag about their results. What struck me was how they were all happy with their relative achievements. They also supported anyone that may not have quite got there. I think there is a generation of good kids coming through now and should be embraced

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.