Genesis UK tour 2020

Had a quick look online just now in the live nation presale; regular tickets (ie no extras) were between 69 and 180, I assume £ depends on location in the arena. I think we paid 65 each in 2007 but very much doubt the front block will be that price today.

@bongoman and @DazedDegsy

Sounds like I missed out on a great gig there, to be honest I was put off a little by the venue although never been. What was it like? All seated or mixed, drinks etc etc??

The venue was fine. We were sat in the balcony, but the stalls were seated too. Reasonable bar, they didn’t overcharge and there was a reasonable selection of beers.
There was a long queue for the toilets. Usual combination of lots of men of a certain age with too much beer.
The band even hung around in front of the stage after the show, chatting with the punters

3 Likes

Inclined to agree Gazza. I’m seeing Steve Hackett in November do the Seconds Out album, plus some extra songs and I’m also seeing The Musical Box recreate The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway. I think I’ll stick with that and my memory of Genesis in the late 70s

4 Likes

I agree with it was a good venue. We were downstairs in the stalls which were temporary seats tightly packed together so wasn’t much room. We had a great view of the band tho and sound was good.

Looking forward to seeing Hackett later in the year for the Seconds Out shows

3 Likes

I have tickets for Steve Hackett at the Phil in November. He always has a great band provides a great show.

Nostalgia is big business these days.
The first time I saw him early this century, was at Pacific Road Arts Centre, Birkenhead. Three men and a dog in the audience.
Most recently a couple of years back at the Bridgewater Hall with the 41 piece orchestra. Not a spare seat to be had.

1 Like

I’ve seen Steve Hackett at the Phil previously, very very good show I thought. Those tickets for the up and coming show really sold quickly this time around…should be a great show, enjoy :grinning:

In fact I’d rather go to that than the latest Genesis tour!

1 Like

The audience hair colour says it all!

G

5 Likes

Actually many didn’t have much if any (including me :joy:)

1 Like

I saw them at Wembley Stadium on 4th July 1987 support was Paul Young.

In the afternoon there was a roving camera covering the crowd with the image displayed on the big screens. The camera happened to spot a girl with the biggest pair you’ve seen. Returning to her and with much exuberance from the crowd at Wembley she did! I don’t remember much of the concert but that display was worth the price of the ticket.

2 Likes

Saw them in 1972/73 at De Montford Hall supported by String Driven Thing. Excellent concert. From memory they performed Foxtrot, Nursery Crymes ,Suppers Ready, The Knife, etc. Still have my ticket somewhere!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.