Getting the best out of Muso 2nd Gen

I am on a family subscription so can access Tidal Masters…

So the Tidal website says this:

While TIDAL on iOS and Android can unfold part of the audio source natively, allowing for an enhanced listening experience by default, using a DAC will unlock its full potential and give you optimal performance.

Obviously I am not going to introduce a DAC but this seems to suggest that I might not be getting the best from my Muso2 by using the Tidal/Naim app from iPhone or iPad. I also have the Tidal desktop app on Windows 10.

I am also reading in another post that Naim does not support MQA (unless using Roon for example) -

Question is, how do I get the absolute best out of this device?

i like the idea of Roon for all its other capabilities but is it likely to make any difference to sound output from a Muso2?

Cheers.

Roon only performs the first MQA unfold with Naim, for the second unfold you would need a DAC that pays MQA’s ransom anyway.

You can find thousands of posts discussing the virtues-or-not of MQA by using the forum’s search function, but on a Mu-so it is probably all moot to begin with. The Mu-so is great for what it is, but it is a Mu-so.

Just use Tidal Hifi (not Plus) or Qobuz (whose hires is not consistently better, if at all, anyway)

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.