GMT ONE Wilson Benesch turntable

Wilson Benesh is nearly ready to launch his new state of the art turntable, the GMT One.
Some very innovative designs in it.

From Hifi Plus:

All the GMT® systems will be manufactured and assembled in house within the very same building within which the product was designed and developed. This applies to the electronic systems that will be supplied by the developer Dr Broomfield and Neil Broomfield of CAAS Audio. Of course, the quality of the outcome is only as good as the measurements. The classic measuring systems used to date for measuring speed and speed fluctuations was found to be inadequate for the task and a novel new system based upon a high resolution pico-encoder was developed. The resolution was critical to the iterative design approach. The result is a truly unique, State-of-the-Art, control & drive system that delivers unprecedented levels of precision and immeasurable speed fluctuations. Poly-phase drive signals are synthesised by a sophisticated microprocessor controlled DAC module with absolute control over each and every critical variable, to ensure the ultimate performance. The control software and algorithms were also developed in tandem with CAAS Audio. These advanced systems monitor the drive technologies in real time, while pure analogue, linear amplifiers handle the transfer of the synthesised signals. These bespoke, high precision systems combine to guarantee the lowest possible levels of distortion and absolute accuracy in the motor drive system.

The GMT® System has been designed to meet the needs of the archivist. Its primary goal is to preserve valuable recordings and minimise the impact of transcription. To achieve this, the GMT® System provides unprecedented levels of control. For the first time, it is possible for each and every parameter to be controlled to extremely high levels of precision to achieve the ultimate and virtually flawless transcription of the micro groove. Significantly, these transcription parameters for the motor and the tonearm can be dialed in remotely to unprecedented levels of accuracy. No other product in the world can approach this level of accuracy, control or reliability. As such the GMT® System sets the new benchmark from which all other analogue replay systems will be judged by. ”

You can order now. Available in 2022. But I don’t know if it will have a Naim like sound. If not, you can probably return easily with Amazon.

5 Likes

That looks remarkably as a CD555.

2 Likes

I also associated the look with naim!

1 Like

'cmon Naim, bring out the Solstice 555 limited edition.

1 Like

The arm is a beauty

Picture from Mono and Stereo

1 Like

Oooof, that is stunning. I do like CF.

1 Like

I had not that on mind first, but now I tend to think as you. Black and green, black anodised fascia. :+1:
Only one problem: the price should be stratospheric.

It look like the love-child of a CD555 and Solstice… :grinning:

But I really struggle with these ‘big rigs’ when they cost so much to play what is a cheap piece of vinyl.

2 Likes

Beauty is, of course, in the eye of the beholder…but not this beholder.

1 Like

Yes, it’s stupidly large for something that’s just a record player.

OK…I will admit it…no matter how good it sounds, its looks would detract from my enjoyment of the music. Happy to have found so much musical enjoyment with Rega’s minimal approach.

1 Like

There is plenty of space on the top though, enough to hold a few beer or wine glasses. Just like the Space Invaders tables you’d get in pubs in the late 70s.

1 Like

That “cheap piece of vinyl “ has an ocean of treasures , which need to be dig out.

1 Like

Of course, I should have written “ a beautiful arm for my eyes”. :chicken:

2 Likes

What do dislike here?

Picture from Ear Audio

3 Likes

All I can say is…vive la difference.

1 Like

…and unlike a Solstice and other TTs, you can wipe the salt-impregnated finger marks off quite easily.

1 Like

The extreme taper of the arm makes it look very ugly.

Also in general an S shaped arm looks better than straight (but straight looks better than J shaped).

All IMO of course.

@Mitch would be happy. You can put a lot of scotch bottles under it.

2 Likes

Not that many…lol

3 Likes