GMT ONE Wilson Benesch turntable

Think thats for the briefcase, that contain the addition arm wands it ships with, each with differing weights for cartridge matching. If i recall correctly it has an air suspension system, wonder how noisy the pump will be…

Some of Wilson Benesch’s products are so desirable, I 'm sure that one day they’ll charge you just to look at their web -site

2 Likes

• The Alpha Isolation System developed in collaboration with a leading optical measurement system isolation company. The Alpha Isolation System is a microprocessor controlled pneumatic system that isolates the GMT ONE System © from vibration. Fully autonomous, operating with microscopic precision, within millisecond time-frames, providing isolation to 1.7Hz.

(From Wilson Benesh site)

Not sure there’s a pump.

Benesch. Don’t forget the c.

2 Likes

If its pneumatic then its a gas based system, usually compressed or vacuum, both of which need someway of moving gas around. they are Sheffield based so could be a steam engine :wink:

1 Like

Now I for one would love to see that, an accurately speed regulated steam powered turntable, imagine the ‘theatre’ in just getting it running, not to mention a whole new source of hissss!

No electrical noise from a motor and high starting torque, :0)

3 Likes

Looking at what Wilson benesch do reminds me of an ultra high-end catwalk fashion show - along with the celebrities and models.
Much to admire in the creative approaches, shapes and concepts. But one wonders who the target consumer is - who would actually want to walk around in such clobber.

Wait for the next Fremer review on it. I am sure this tt is dead silent.
Some others, like Bergman, use a pneumatic system for the platter and arm, and are considered among the best decks.

From Bergman site.

1 Like

Wow & flutter could be improved though! :slight_smile:

7 Likes

:+1::+1::+1::joy:
Why the Solstice have not inspired itself from that?
After digital sound and analog sound, we have also the steam sound.

Where can I get one and will they trade an LP12?

Available in 2022. I guess it’s around 100 k deck. But couldn’t find the price.

1 Like

fabulous, LOL!

I heard one of the vacuum platter Bergmanns through a megabucks Gryphon system.

It would have been hard to imagine a more boring system than that.

When first I saw this, I immediately thought it looked a bit like a fire box. Like a cast iron wood burner, with a hot plate on top.

So maybe it’s not far away from this after all:

Their rack does look a bit industrial

Yes, it seems to be a tt more on the polite side, refined but not the most involving. However dead quiet, according to reviews.

Yes, dead quiet. Emphasis on “dead”.

1 Like

It’s even not turning

2 Likes

I wonder if changing the fuel alters the sound?

I recon that the use of petrol would result in the speedy arrival of two tone horns and flashing blue lights.