Golf GTE?

Wonderful cars, especially the mark V GTI onwards. We use the electric car for long journeys and enjoy a small, high octane runabout for shorter fun journeys.

Last one I had was a Mk7 factory maxed out spec with some bits I added later, had an Edition 30 DSG I pimped up and remapped, bit of a widow maker that was!
Kids arrival ended those adventures and a Touran R Line DSG took the place of Golf’s and now ID4 as daily runner.
I still ponder a Ginetta project some day…

1 Like

@garcon glad you are happy with the GTE and that it appears to be reliable. My experience of life with a Mk 8 GTE was not so good so in the end I gave up and went EV which has been very reliable so far.

Another reason for my moving to EV was I began thinking about the amount of time I was pulling a heavy battery around for no benefit and the amount of time I was pulling an ICE around with no benefit. Yes I do now they work in conjunction with each other but I was looking for the evidence of the benefit - it didn’t fit my use case.

Any way hope you have many miles of happy motoring.

1 Like

Thanks for all your thoughts and sharing your experience, really helped in the selection making sure we choose the car more carefully and from a good main dealer with all the reassurance (30 days essentially no quibble return guarantee).

Hopefully the car stays glitch free.

Can’t blame you for going full EV, it’s our main car too.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.