Gone Overboard With a Linn LP12 Akurate Purchase

Lovely you have found yourself an LP12, but please don’t fund it selling your Harley!
If you don’t like it, get a Triumph instead!
You can have fun with both and a bike is good for the soul in the same way as a good Hi-fi.
I love listening to my hi-fi in the evenings but ride my Triumph during the day ( 200 mile ride out last Sunday !)
Get the balance right - when you retire is when you upgrade you bike, not sell it!

1 Like

I sold my CD5XS to buy my bike :joy:

2 Likes

G’day Frank and Steve,

Due to early retirement and superannuation funds having to be drawn upon to pay off our home, health and other matters. Shelley and I find ourselves a little short of what we had planned for at this stage in life. As retirement funds will be an issue before we can draw down on our home for retirement through government loan scheme and a government pension. I will have to downsize assets to qualify and also reduce insurance, registration liabilities and prioritise what is necessary and not.

As the Harley is only built for one (Shelley insisted that she would never wish to go for a ride) and I will have completed 10 years with my military motorcycle club to retain my club patched vest in March 2026, the bike will have to go. I may not use the funds to for a NAIM upgrade and the money may be better spent on our caravanning holidays which we both can enjoy. For those whom this might mean something too. The Harley is a 2020 Softail Deluxe with a full complement of rigid saddle bags and Top Box. Cruise control, ABS, heated grips and windshield. My medical payout did not pay for the motorcycle. My accrued annual, long service and sick leave paid for the Harley plus the caravan. I reserved my medical payout for day to day living expenses and this was only used for these reasons. To be fair to Shelley we have also purchased a three seat Jacuzzi which will be installed shortly for her back and neck issues.

Eventually the 4WD and caravan will have to go and possibly then I may upgrade the stereo. I will cross each bridge as time and resources allow when and as we come to it.

The 4WD ISUZU MUX has all my CB and amateur radio equipment in it and it will be a reluctant sale. Though in the end it is only a car and another expense. When it comes to the sale of the 4WD and caravan we may downsize the car to a secondhand Subaru XV which Shelley has had on her wish list for a long time. Hopefully I will be allowed to install an amateur VHF/UHF D-Star mobile radio in Shelley’s XV. After this I will see how we stand financially and look at NAIM Separates. Though hopefully we will have reached retirement age to receive an old age pension for Shelley and a disability support pension for myself before this eventuates.

With all these recent happenings and planning on a NAIM upgrade, I must say I have been enjoying my current NAIM HIFI equipment very much, spinning CD’s and looking forward to picking up the Linn LP12 when COVID travel restrictions ease.

Thank you for your kind replies and support. I had not painted the whole picture before for personal reasons.

Warm regards,

Mitch.

2 Likes

My lp -12 which I’ve owned for a long time just had the final up-grades to make it essentially an akurate level. Cartridge is Krystal. I didn’t plan on doing much to the tt as I had bought. ndx2 earlier. However a “bargain” on rega aura phono stage meant that the tt should have some luv so karousel for circus and lingo 4 for 2. Also the bottom of mine was apparently fibreboard (crap) so dealer also changed that. Ekos had been fitted for Ittok. It now outperforms the bare ndx2, it had been pretty evenly matched. Now if I could just find someone to get up every 12 minutes and flip the record, it would truly be a clear advantage.

6 Likes

Mitch, serviced Nac52/Nap 250.

I am appreciate the off though have no funds as yet. The plan is to sell the Harley Davidson in 5 to 6 years time.

Warm regards,

Mitch.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.