Grounding cables

Has anyone had any positive experience with these?
Will they have any effect on Naim amps?
I understand they attach to any unused Phono socket to ground the boards. Would Naim’s earthing principles prevent these from giving any benefit?
Just interested…im not considering one with my modest system.
Many thanks

I wouldn’t bother with Naim kit, especially in an all Naim system. You’ll end up creating multiple signal ground to Mains earth connections and create more problems than you’ll solve.

2 Likes

Thought so, many thanks James.

While or perhaps because it’s not just a grounding cable, the Computer Audio Design Ground Control works really well in my system.

3 Likes

I ”borrowed” my Nordost Qkore from my main system to use in my Naim system and it works really well! I attach one cable to the unused phono ground on the Nac52 and one on the ground on the Klimax Radikal. Quiter background, higher resolution, and no loss of swing. I ordered a CAD GC1 to use in my second system and put the Qkore back. I like the form factor more on the CAD and it is cheaper.

2 Likes

One cable goes from my GC1 to an unused RCA input on the DAC, the other to the ground post on the integrated. That’s what works best in my system, but CAD themselves advise to try different combinations.

While or perhaps because it’s not just a grounding cable, the Computer Audio Design Ground Control works really well in my system.

These just won accessory of the year in Stereophile. What they do is pretty amazing.

In some cases grounding the case work or power connector DC can offer very large sq benefits esp double insulated equipment with metal casework. Of course there are different grounding methods and grounding the inner signal circuit i think can bring the most sq benefits esp with naim equipment.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.