Gut Check

The provenance is good. The previous owner is a long standing customer of the dealer and it has just been serviced by Naim. They have also replaced the fascias - there was a dodgy batch which developed a pink tinge!

I do have an XPSDR to p/x for a 555PSU so next year probably.

1 Like

Sounds wonderful. DR or non DR?

The 552 is a 2010 and was DR’d a few years ago

2 Likes

That sounds perfect. Hope you got a good deal :+1:

Price of the 552 was fair, but the PX for the 282 and HCDR swung it for me, it was generous. About 750 more than I expected!

1 Like

Nice touch. Great to save yourself the work of selling on too. All in all worked out perfectly. Many congratulations. Look forward to hearing how you get on with it when it’s all set up and warmed up in place.

I will certainly report back. I understand the 552 will still need a bit of running in and takes a fair few days to warm up properly as well. I’m never keen on selling privately so if I get a fair p/x offer I take it.

Katmaimatt,

I have a 552DR, 300DR, and had been using a NDS 555PSDR. When I traded the NDS for a ND555, I was nearly flabbergasted by the improvement in musical realism - much bigger step than when I traded Naim DAC for the NDS. It is not cheap, but if you can afford it and you like the Naim sound, I recommend it highly.

Charlie

Only yours ears will tell. there is no other way. try to get an demonstration in your place.
to my ears there is no differences between my Ndac+555ps and ndx2+xps dr.
According to nd555 , there is some improvement ,especially in sound stage, size. but its price not justified the cost.
To me upgrading to nac552 will be the right step foreword.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.