Happy birthday to my XS3!

Had my XS3 a year now. It replaced a venerable NAIT 3 I’d owned for 20 odd years.

Last year was a dramatic one HiFi wise for me, and the XS3 was the highlight, even if a close second was the revelation of streaming through a s/h UnitiQute.

I thought long and hard about the XS3. Other options were a SN2, a NAC72/NAP something, etc. I’m very glad I chose the XS3, the reasons were probably unique to me, we all have our internal rationale for buying decisions. I don’t know if the XS3 is the best amplification I could have bought for £2k, I do know that it makes amazing music, certainly allowing me to appreciate the very different qualities of Systemdek, CD5 and Primare NP5/Hugo sources.

So it sits at the back of a shelf, largely unseen, but definitely not unheard!

And one of my old NAIT, what a cracking amp that is. I hope it’s found a good new home!

Thanks to the forum for all the advice and entertainment, helped me decide on the XS3, and been fun following along others’ adventures.

13 Likes

Well done gthack

It’s a cracking little amp and at the price best in class

Enjoy it for the next 20 years as you did with the Nait 3

Bevo

2 Likes

I share your joy, love mine.

2 Likes

Me too, the XS3 is great with my ND5XS2 and Paradigm Prestige 75s, even if I can’t turn the volume up past 9 O’clock. There is real rhythm and drive with this amp.

2 Likes

Love mine too.
It did have a noisy toroidal transformer but Naim kindly replaced.
Synergy with ND5 XS 2 is very addictive and in my system was not consistently bested by Supernait 3 when I demo’ed.
Many happy returns.

2 Likes

It is nice to hear appreciation as a reminder of how enjoyable this hobby can be, thanks.
That Systemdek is a real prize too. I enjoyed mine for years.

2 Likes

I have to agree, the XS3 is a brilliant amp and so glad I got mine last year. Certainly makes great music, and provides good headphone and phono all in one elegant box.

2 Likes

Glad you’re all enjoying the quality of your NAIT XS3’s :+1: If you already haven’t done so then please try and hear NAIT XS3 with a Hi-CAP DR. Hi-CAP DR seriously elevates the performance of the NAIT XS3 to another level :slightly_smiling_face:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.