Has Adobe started 'gamification' at its support community pages?

Got an odd email the other day purporting to be from Adobe:

Screenshot 2022-12-12 at 18.16.24

I can’t honestly ever recall participating there but the “Congratulations NAME!” is plausible and it’s an email address I used for LR Classic purchases.

Logged into adobe not via email links. There were 2 icons to click in the ‘community’ which then congratulated me with badges for 1st post and reply. It says I’ve made 4 posts, but I can’t find any.

All odd, I’ve not visited them for a while after they tricked me into a Creative Cloud option when I wanted to upgrade LR Classic.

Seems I have a licence for LR 5 still but can’t download an installer from them. Grr!

2 Likes

Seems to be a strong argument for not playing Abobe’s subscription ‘game’… :thinking:

1 Like

If you ask me, forward it to their Customer service team, and ask them what are these 4 entries of yours. It may just be a programming hitch

1 Like

Good idea.

It’s possible I had a forum moan about them transferring me to creative cloud which prevented me from upgrading to Lightroom 6 - maybe I made a few posts years ago and they’ve revamped forum software with old posts disappearing (or deleted).

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.