Has anyone got any gigs lined up?

I’m sure most of us are extremely privileged to be able to listen to great sounding music in our living rooms (sorry, listening rooms) but nothing beats listening to the real thing. I for one am very excited about seeing the green shoots of the live music scene emerging. In the diary are the following, all in Sep-Nov:

James Taylor Quarter
Brixton Disco Festival
Fontaine’s DC
Cleopatrick

I’m interested to hear what gigs/concerts/music festivals other people are excited about.

Have a jools concert late summer, deferred from last year.
Also had celine dion and elton john tickets last year, but no dates yet, if at all

This Is The Kit at Barbican at end of May. The Streets and Max Richter at Crystal Palace Park ( about 200 m from me) in August

2 Likes

Richard Hawley in Halifax and Lightning Seeds in Manchester. Both in September. Both rearranged from last year (twice).

Oh and GN’R in London, now July 2022 !

Certainly have! WemsFest will be back up and running in October and we’ve booked loads of gigs and I’ll be knackered. Anyone coming to see Eddi Reader on 6 October should have the excitement of muggins doing the introduction.

5 Likes

Will be good to see the likes of WemsFest up and running, a major downside of Covid has been the impact on grassroots music events throughout the country.
I’m sure it will be excellent, Eddi puts on a good concert.

Managed to get tickets for the Dead and Company annual Mexican retreat in Jan 2022. They sold out 8000 packages at an average price of $3300 USD in about 6 minutes. Added a second weekend as many people were shut out and disappointed. People are dying to get back out there. Surely to goodness by Jan 2022 we will be good to go. Here’s hoping.

1 Like

A few things this year:

Green Day & Fall Out Boy
Willy Mason
Del Amitri
Solihull Festival

1 Like

A slight variation on the thread theme: I play in a Ska band and, as the UK lockdown rules started to change our manager had us booked for several gigs within a couple of days.
Really looking forward to playing outdoors this summer as well as Covid-friendly indoor events (ticket-only, tables of 6, dancing only permitted at the table etc).

4 Likes

Perhaps something approaching your pic by the end of summer…fingers crossed.

1 Like

I really hope so. That photo was from Victorious Festival (Portsmouth, UK) in 2019. So strange seeing an actual crowd comfortably standing so near each other.

We did have but it’s just been postponed till 22. Skippinishs 10th now 11th birthday party. In Inverness. Will now be 12th.

Still waiting to use my 2019 Glasto ticket, maybe one day :unamused:

1 Like

Ocean colour scene,

an 80s do at Kettering with Tpau and billy ocean,

Pompey festival on the Saturday

1 Like

Will go to see Gun in Buckley in December if all is well on the Covid front.

Was hoping to see Heidi Talbot at the Liverpool Phil on 26th Oct. That date is on her website, but the Liverpool Phil says Billy Bragg is on that date. I did email Heidi, but didn’t get a response

Yep, got our weekend tickets for the Folk East festival in Suffolk later on this summer.

Yep, The Aussie Pink Floyd in November and Status Quo March 2022 (yes I am that old) both held over from last year, really looking forward to all of that plus any more that come along.

1 Like

Oh yes, and a rescheduled Goldfrapp gig at Royal Festival Hall in March 2022

1 Like

Steve Harley
Rumours of Fleetwood Mac
Acoustic Festival of Britain (now 2022)
Maximo Park
Beth Hart

Most of these are rearranged from 2020,apart from the Festival they’re all scheduled for this year,we’ll see :thinking:

1 Like