Hate for Naim

I think you’re mixing us up with Volvo drivers :wink:

1 Like

You mean to say it isn’t…
HERETIC, burn the heretic!

OK, that’s in jest, but perhaps a little too close for comfort given the intolerance and intentional divisions being created by some people and groups these days. :anguished:

1 Like

You should make a better distinction between Naim as a brand and Naim as a company.
It may still operate out of Salisbury in the UK but it’s owned by an investment fund these days, legacy and nostalgia play a part here I imagine.
Someone buying a Muso product in John Lewis as a birthday gift may have no clue what olive and chrome means, I imagine not many of us drive a Bentley to our Sunseeker motor boat on the weekend either.

1 Like

Just give them a Supernait 3 / HiCap / NDX2 - that’ll confuse them then.

3 Likes

I think I bought my Muso from JLP lol

Blue water…does that make it any better?

The rest came from local dealers

…and there’s a Volvo parked on the drive (not SUV!) just to be subversive

I’m proud of my Naim association for what’s its worth but not cult like…

As others have noted there are many things going on.

In my opinion, one of these is the “thrill of the live performance” sound that Naim equipment brings is not what some people are looking for in their hifi sound. A more backseat sound is a safer proposition.

Also some may remember the flat earthers of old and think that Naim products still appeal exclusively to that crowd. Opinion deafens them to progress made in the past few decades.

2 Likes

Linn also get a hammering. I tend to stay here and rarely post on other fora. Lots of keyboard warriors wherever you go these days.

1 Like

This is a safe harbour compared to other corners of the web you’re quite right there :joy:

One observation I have is when I tell friends or colleagues about my equipment and investment over the years they think I’m a bit derailed and can’t see the value. When they come round and listen they always leave enlightened and in some cases go on to start their own journeys, Naim or otherwise.

Ahem! Young Mr N-lot Speaking as a very humble, kind and courteous volvo driver, I resemble that remark, lol

2 Likes

who are…?

2 Likes

This is a prejudice statement.
It’s like i saying, Rolex owner s are….
Ps.: But with time and maturity even I , Omega fan, recognize the value of the foremention brand.

Horses for courses.

If everybody liked yellow, the world was doomed

Also lovely. Other than those who drive those puffed up SUVs of course.

2 Likes

Or a joke.

1 Like

The anti-Naim brigade often cite this forum in their dislike of Naim: condescending and unfriendly are terms I’ve come across. I find this surprising as I have found it one of the most supportive hifi forums. There are several members who go out of their way to offer helpful advice and it’s general tone is pretty amicable, thanks in no small measure to Richard’s moderation.

Roger

5 Likes

You were doing well HH until the BMW bit…

Your jokes are too refined for me to catch.
( sorry. Didn’t understood that way)

Naim have attracted a loyal following and get both the good and bad sides of that. When compared to other brands Naim certainly takes its own route, which is nirvana to some. But there are plenty of versions of good out there, so it’s not surprising some feel the need to put Naim down as a means of promoting their own favourites. Many of the favourite bugbears of haters have already been mentioned above, but what amazes me most about the haters is the amount of energy they have to waste on a brand that’s clearly not for them.

I haven’t noticed any hate for the brand or its users. I’ve been to dealers that sell Naim where the owner/sales person was not a Naim owner and they’ve shown some indifference when I don’t respond to their attempts to sell me other brand gear. But that’s about it. The Naim dealers that actually own Naim equipment are much easier to get on with since they don’t waste my time with other brand equipment.

Now, now HH. BMW drivers come in different categories too…

1 Like

…and just like Naim, it costs an arm and a leg to have them serviced!:grin:

3 Likes