HDMI 2.1 - 4K 120hz

What’s wrong with twisted pair, especially if each pair is shielded… unless you thinking about comparing with fibre. Twisted pair can offer higher transmission rates compared to coax over shorter distances, ideal for consumer interconnect cables I would have thought… coax better for longer runs because cross talk can be better handled but attenuation at very high frequencies can be significant, unless using thick large diameter Hardline coax (Corrugated coax)… which in my experience makes NACA5 look like a walk in the park. Both trumped by fibre.
I guess it’s cost that holds back on use of fibre, as quality high speed fibre transceivers are not particularly cheap.

So far INCREDIBLY happy with the picture and especially audio improvements, BUT … as this cable feeds Sky Q to my TV, I am finding frequent yet random screen blackouts for about 1-2 secs, which was not an issue with the prior HDMI 1.4 or HDMI 2.1 from KabelCraft.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.