HDMI ARC, which brand

Naim support suggests a mid-February update (guessing the same as Qobuz) has some improvements for ARC. No guarantees it’ll fix my isaues of course, but good they’re trying to improve.

So far, after updating, things are fine. The update seems to have improved matters. Let’s see if it persists.

My Sony smart has an HDMI (ARC) but looking at the instructions and most other online information, the ARC is mostly meant to be connected to a sound bar or a multi channel receiver setup.
If your using a compatible device as a control of audio from the screen with stereo speakers, you should connect to the plain vanilla HDMI port.

Just to be clear, the Unitis support HDMI ARC only. Connecting to a regular HDMI port won’t work.

1 Like

I’ve had my nova for about 2 weeks and using the auto switching HDMI arc to listen to movies and tv. It’s been working great, nova turns on and off with the tv and switches to hdmi input correctly, however this morning the nova refused to start up via the remote… it started and went back to sleep immediately until it then stopped responding to the remote. I had to pull the power to reset it again! Something gets stuck about the hdmi!?

I fear that HDMI can often be like that. I have a number of media boxes with HDMI and they usually need to either have the HDMI cable pulled and re-fitted or else remove power from them then re-power and all is well again. I think the issue may be that because the copy protection handshaking protocols are so messy (thank the lawyers) anything that interrupts it causes problems, needing a “re-boot” to reset.

If it keeps happening I would recommend getting in touch with Naim support so they can look into it further.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.