Headline 2 with Nac 72

Hi Everyone

Just some curious questions re my Headline 2. I had for a long time a second system on my PC desk comprising of 62olive/140CB, with a recent addition of Monitor Audio CDM 2. Most of the times I listen to my ripped CD flac files through Topping D10s/Headline 2/Napsc/ Sennheiser HD598R.

Recently the 62 started to output one channel unless I fiddle with the selector knob. I know its time to have it serviced. But since I have a spare later Nac 72 in my cupboard, so I swapped it with the 62. The result is predictable - more details on the tracks that I’m familiar with. Having said that the 62 has reliably given me years of music enjoyment. I will have it serviced in the near future.

Now I’ve noticed that with the 72 I have to leave the 72/140 on or I won’t get the signals for the Headline 2. With 62/140 I didn’t need to turn the pre/amp on to listen to music through Headline 2.

My question: is there any way to use the Headline without turning on the whole system? I’ve tried to connect the Headline through CD input (D10s on Tuner input) but no signals. I normally connect the Headline through Tape2 (Tape 1 also works).

Many thanks in advace for any insight into this question of mine.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.