Headphone amp comparison - Uniti Nova & Atom Headphone edition

I’m a happy owner of a Uniti Nova, it drives my PMC twenty5 23i floorstanders wonderfully, love the sound!

However, my experience using Audeze LCD-X (20 ohm impedance) via headphone jack is albeit very detailed, lacking punch/attack in the mid/lower frequencies and emphasis on the higher, which I did not experience when auditioning the LCD-X on a Bryston BHA1 (appreciate this a dedicated headphone amp). Audeze recommends power output of >250mW to drive the LCD-X.

I’m wondering if the new Atom headphone edition would provide an improvement ( assume so but would like to confirm)? Considering purchase to use in a different room to the Nova potentially.

However, I would prefer to be able to use the Nova if possible and give me some flexibility on head amp options whilst being able to leverage the Nova DAC/Streamer.

Would Naim consider (assuming possible) a firmware upgrade to the Nova, to allow the RCA output to be used for connecting to external headphone amp (speaker outputs/volume control disabled)?

@Naim.Marketing I see you are the Naim guru by other posts so would appreciate your feedback. Apologies if this has already been mentioned in other posts, I did search before posting this but didn’t get a clear answer on above - feel free to post links if there are and I’ll look.

Thanks!

1 Like

Hello, and welcome to the Forum!

Can confirm that Uniti Atom Headphone Edition will provide a big step up in headphone performance - as you’d expect. It’s a totally re-engineered headphone/pre-amp section than the rest of the Uniti range. Would encourage an audition!

No plans to alter hardware capabilties of Uniti Nova at present time - there are software updates coming, though. Next up (very shortly) is TIDAL Connect support.

Ok I’ll schedule a session to audition. thanks

Great, what will the benefits of TIDAL connect support be over current TIDAL connectivity via Naim app, support for higher quality streams?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.