Headphone Amp/DAC - Hiby, Shanling, iBasso, etc

Very true I think I am bored as no tweaking left to do on the home system :lying_face:

2 Likes

Update: I tried a few other IEMs and Cans, ended up with Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and 590CS, the former where a marked improvement.

The Audioquest Cobalt is now a discernible improvement but not a wow, however I hated the cheap ass Sennheiser Android remote cable, found a alternative which was a pain due to Sennheiser 2.5mm with twist lock.

Result for me an improvement greater than the AQ Cobalt, not bad for £11 :+1:

Now my Samsung Note 8, AQ Cobalt into Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 is excelling beyond my main hifi in terms of detail, really has unearthed so much more detail. Nowhere near as refined and dynamic but good nonetheless.

I have used the Momentums for about 4 years now, really good with details like you say,bass is a little lacking, but not bad at all for the price. Surprisingly, I used to own a Hugo 1, and the Momentums were
Really good with it IMO. They also sound great directly out of my iPad, and amazing with my TT2.

I must admit the more i use the Momentum 2.0 the more impressed i become, yes i dislike CANS but what they bring as you say on various devices sounds great.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.